Fun Facts 2

Heyo, it's been a very,very long while. I've given up on fully editing before writing more chapters because it's taking far too long so a new chapter will be coming out within the next few months (sorry). But while you wait, here's some more fun facts.

British Colombia's weather conditions
I actually didn't know this at the time, but sudden severe weather conditions like thunderstorms, hail, blizzards, high winds, or heavy rain with little warning are actually fairly common in British Colombia. This means it wouldn't have been too weird for Wren's father not to have noticed the storm brewing above their campsite in the first chapter.

The Process
While the "official" version of Red Skies is now on a Google doc after I accidentally deleted over 3000 words of rough draft and planning, Red Skies was originally written on the Wattpad website and then copied and pasted to other sites. Because of that, I still use an unpublished book on Wattpad that holds all my undeveloped ideas, plans, plot points, headcannons, and details for Electric Spear that I don't want to forget about. Maybe one day I'll post it if enough people ask

Copper
Copper, Wren's metropolitan whistle/sword, will actually be changing in the coming editing. I made this decision for practical, aesthetic, and symbolic reasons. Without getting into any of those because spoilers, Copper will no longer be a greek xiphos and will instead be a type of curved blade called a harpe sword (pronounced like the instrument harp). 

But I'll say that the biggest reason for this change is because in the original Perseus myth, he used a harpe blade gifted to him by the gods to behead Medusa, and I don't believe that we ever hear about this blade in the original series (most likely due to it often being referred to as a sickle). 

Phenotypes (Physical Traits) and Their Relivance to the Story
So, a funny thing I realized while editing was that I managed to pick the only pair of eye colors for Wren's parents that would not result in green eyes when they have a kid. 

And even better, brown eyes and blue eyes are the ONLY pairing of eye colors that couldn't result in green eyes. Like, genetics are super complicated and there's always exceptions, and Wren is half-god anyways so it probably doesn't matter too much. Plus, I did include a little blurb in the paraghraphs describing Wren's appearance about her mother having a little green in her eyes...

But still, I got a little kick outta realizing that I'd managed to pick the only pairing that wouldn't naturally have a green eyed kid. I find that as I write more and more and do reasearch after the fact that I didn't think was important before, I always manage to find the one situation where a plossably normal detail is actually completley impossible and if someone cared enough to google it, could tear my writing apart for being so.

Good thing this is not only fanficition, but also fiction in a fantasy setting where, if confronted about these things, I could make up some bullshit excuse about magic and whatever.

The Lightning Theif's Lightning
So apperently there's no lightning in The Lightning Theif because the masterbolt is missing. Cool detail right? Nope, because I missed that and ended up writing a whole chapter partially  dedicated to observing the lightning at the camp boarder...

Yeah, I'm not changing that. We'll call it foreshadowing or something

The Lightning Theif's Lighting BUT I GOT IT WRONG 
Forgive me, for I have sinned. While watching people shit on TLT movie, I accidentally mistook a throw away line in the movie for cannon in the books... I feel like I've betrayed myself and everything I stand for... But anyways, there is still lightning in the books after the Master Bolt is stolen so it's no longer a plot hole that lightning is striking in that chapter

Currency Shinanigans
So, as I was visiting America to see some old friends, I have remembered a teensy little problem. As far as I've written, Wren went straight from the American boarder to camp in as little time as possible. Which would strongly imply that she didn't stop to do anything else, which includes stealing money. 

Why is this a problem? Well, in Chapter 12 Wren only has left over cash from her time in Ontario. Meaning it'd be Canadian. I dunno about any of you, but I've personally never been able to get a casheeir in America to accept Canadinan currency. 

I don't know what I'm going to do about that, but I'll most likley change the way Wren gets her hands on everything she buys in Chapter 12. She probably couldn't have realistically afforded any of that stuff with left over money anyways.

That's all for now, finally working on new stuff rather than editing the same 12 chapters over and over and over. Hope you enjoyed!