Chapter 5 (M)

Lisa and Jennie had been together for a year now. The ex-convict never revealed to Jennie about her criminal life or the reason she got in jail. She always insisted it was better she never knew her whereabouts and who she was working with. But Jennie was growing suspicious and jealous not knowing what was Lisa doing and with who. What if she is fucking other girls? What if she's out partying with hoes and this is why she comes back late? What if she was never serious about our relationship?

It was past 12am and still no sign of Lisa. Jennie was pacing back and forth in her apartment waiting for the tall blonde to return. As she was about to call her again for the fourth time she heard keys behind the door. A devilishly smirk crossed her lips as Lisa struggled to get the door open.

"Jennie baby it's me open the door!"

"Fuck off Lali. Go back to one of the whores you were screwing around with all night!"

"Open the fucking door Jennie" Lisa ordered in a calm yet demanding way. After a few seconds of silence and getting no response she kicked the door open. Rage poured out of her eyes and Jennie's blood run cold at the sight of an angry Lisa.

"What did you say?"

Jennie could barely breathe from fear.

"Cat got your tongue now kitten? Fucking answer me!" Lisa snapped and Jennie broke into tears.

"Are you cheating on me?" Jennie asked in a small voice and Lisa's eyes softened.

"No never." Lisa's reply came in an instance simple yet full of truth.

"Lali I... I love you so much but I feel like I barely know you. You never tell me anything and I'm sorry but fucking my brains out won't always be the answer if you are serious about us. Or the fact that you help me financially even though I never asked you to." Tears kept rolling down her eyes as all frustration hit Jennie like a rocket. Lisa knew Jennie was right but she couldn't find the way and strength to talk to her about her past. Deep down she was afraid Jennie would reject her knowing all the horrible things she had done.

"You kidnapped and used me to get out of jail. You came back for me but keep me in the dark. I trusted you and gave myself to you but I can't do this anymore Lali."

"Lisa"

"What?"

"My name is Lisa. Lalisa Manoban. I've done horrible things and I'm not proud of them. I can't tell you because I'm scared I'd lose you."

"And what do you do now Lisa? Where do I fit in your life?"

"Everywhere" but when Lisa made a move to close the space between them Jennie stopped her.

"I won't be just your bitch Lisa. It was fun in the beginning but I can't worry for you and us like this anymore." Jennie said her voice dripping with bitterness.

"Jen-"

"Leave..."

This was the biggest slap in the face Lisa had been hit with. In the past she didn't give a single fuck about hurting or killing people and destroying their lives. Jail was like a playground and going back to her a usual thug life was easy. But now loosing Jennie was like a death sentence. With heavy steps she walked out not sure how to handle what was happening. She can't lose Jennie. The next morning Jennie was leaving for work and found Lisa sleeping outside her door.

"Lisa... I told you to leave."

"I know but no way I'll let you stay here with a broken lock. I called Bam he will be here soon to fix it."

"Ok... Thanks" Jennie responded avoiding eye contact and walked away.

It took a while for Lisa to figure things out and being away from Jennie didn't help. Every night she waited outside her work and made sure Jennie walked back home safe. One night though Jennie didn't leave work alone. Lisa felt her blood boil when she saw a guy walking with the small brunette. They reached the front door and he gave her a peck on the cheek. Lisa was a millisecond away of pulling out her gun and shooting the guy in the head. And then... Then it hit her.