Chapter 1

art by Mephitidae

Ashfur slowly trotted through the forest, He was still not used to being in This new territory but At this point he didnt care where he ended up, for something else was on his mind.

 Squirrelflight 

"Stupid heartless un-sympathitc fool!" He mumbled to himself "How could she fall for that useless piece of fox dung?!"

Ashfur sat down by the lake and stared at his reflection he was a mess. He looked Broken, scrawny, and sick. He sighed sadly He felt as though Squirrelflight was his only chance of being happy, Of not hating himself. now she was taken. and he was alone.

 "but, then agian I dont blame her." He sighed "I mean Look at me. I look like a diseased loner! Starclan Im pathitic!" 

Ashfur started lightly grooming his fur. A pleasure he never cared to give Himself sence Squirrelflights rejection. 

Suddenly his ears perked up as he heard a noise. Is that....humming?  He thought he padded over to the sound. He followed the noise and saw a dark brown tabby, He was well built,sleek,tom with a white under belly that was as pure as freshly fallen snow. 

Ashfur walked up to him, The tabby looked at him. His blue eyes locking with Ashfur. "Salutations Ashfur" He said. Ashfur flinched 

"Y- you know my name"

"Of course! lots of cats know you!You were one of the apprentaces that killled the Bloodclan seconed in command."

"R-right" Ashfur mumbled "Who are you  And What are you doing this close to my territory?"

"Names Hawkfrost! Hawkfrost of Riverclan!" He said with pride

"Hawkfrost?....wait arent you Brambleclaws brother?" 

Hawkfrost nodded.

"Im guessing thats who your waiting for." Asfur said with slight anger

"Hey...you look upset...are you okay Ashfur?" 

" Squirrelflight rejected me for Brambleclaw!" Ashfur sighed

"THAT MOUSEBRAINED SHE CAT IS DATING MY BROTHER!!?!?! UGH! OUT OF ALL CATS WHY HIM!!!" Hawkfrost hissed

"Thats exactly what Im saying! she has no clue what Im suffering" Ashfur said

"And...what exactly are you suffering.?" 

Ashfur paused...he was shocked did somebody actully care!? the only other cat who even listened was Blazestrike..could this be the chance for him to get more friends? 

"Well I-" Ashfur was cut off by Brambleclaw bargeing in 

"Hey Ashfur" He said "Sorry Im Late Hawkfrost Blazestrike was...Wait. Ashfur? What are YOU  doing here?" 

Hawkfrost Blushed "Y-you should go Ashfur..." 

Ashfur hissed at Brambleclaw then left. on the way back to camp he though about Hawkforst Was that shame in his voice? He thought...why would he be ashamed? It cant be because he was talking to me right?