Chapter 2

art by Mephitidae edited by me

Ashfur shifted awake streched with a yawn. He padded out of the den and instantly Saw Squirrelflight cuddling warmly with Brambleclaw. She looked so happy with him snuggling under Bramblclaws Muzzle Blushing purring.  

Ashfurs heart sank as he saw this, even now seeing Squirrelflight with another cat ripped at his heart like knife.

Ashfur gave his head a quick shake letting out a low growl  I dont need that stupid she-cat anyway!  Im better off without her anyway! 

But no matter how hard Ashfur tried. He just couldnt see Himself being Happy without Squirrelflights love. all he could do was Blame and hate himself for Not being good enough for Her. 

Ashfur wiped the tears from his eyes, but nobody noticed. Nobody cared. '"Ashfur" A familiar voice said. Ashfur looked up. It was Blazestrike. 

"Hello Blazestrike" Ashfur purred happily "Whats up?" 

"'Morning Ashfur. I need you to go hunt with Squirrelflight."

"WHAT?! WHY DO I HAVE TO GO WITH HER!" Ashfur hissed 

"Ashfur!" Blazestrike gasped "I get it she hurt you but you cant act like this, You need to move on! Havent thoose  theapy sessions ive been giving you done anything!?" 

"THEY WERE! BUT WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE HAD ONE?!" Ashfur hissed 

"ASH IM DEPUTY! IM BUSY" 

"No! Im not hunting with her" Ashfur said and gave Squirrelflight a cold stare "She can go with her percious little mate" 

Ashfur then stormed out of camp. as he walked farther away the anger faded into giref

"Ha! great Job Ashfur! You just got into a fight with your Only friend In life, Youre such a fool Ashfur! No wonder nobody likes you" Ashfur hissed at himself

"I wouldent say nobody." purred anouther familiar voice.

"Hawkfrost?!"

"The one and only!"

"Hawkfrost you cant be here w-why you so far into our territory?!" Ashfur said paniced

"Ashfur...we're at the lake." Hawkfrost laughed

Ashfur looked behind Hawkfrost. He was right

"Oh well I uh..must have not been thinking about where i was going hehe" He said blushing

"I understand heard everything you said" Hawkfrost said soflty "look ashfur, I cant stay for long. But lets meet here tonight."

"A-alright!" Ashfur purred

"its a date! see you later cutie!" Hawkfrost said before heading back to camp

Ashfur felt his fur grow warm seeing Hawkfrost. 

"He...thinks Im....cute" Ashfur said hopfully 

Ashfur then truged back to camp wonder why he felt so odd around Hawkfrost.