5

"Brucey is Batsey." J sang, throwing the sharpened knife to one of his goons, strapped in a batman costume.

“That’s what I’ve gathered. I know his mansion is big but It doesn’t explain how he could disappear for long periods of time and when he does come back like last time, he was bruised up pretty badly.” J’s smirked, as he walked along the concrete ground.

“I pack quite the punch don’t I?”

I laughed, shaking my head with a smile. “That you do.” The room was fairly clean for being down in the basement, blood has yet to paint every inch of the ground. But by the way J was throwing the Knife, only missing the man by an inch. He intended to do his piece of art soon. But it wouldn’t be J if he didn’t tease his prey.

“What information did ya gather from your little stay?” J’s eyes trained me, as I walked over to my water bottle that was propped up against the iron, heavy door.

“Not much.” I gulped at the icy Liquid. “Though I know Alfred is a fucker for routine.” I pointed out, as I thought to the moment I had nearly missed breakfast. Only for Bruce being just behind me. I am sure Alfred would have denied the full English breakfast laid out on the dining room table. “And I know he’s fucking good at fighting - you want to get into that mansion you gotta be prepared for him.”

J hummed. Almost as if he already knew everything I told him. Only he compared stories.

The man shook, gulping as he watched j stalk over, slapping his exposed cheek. "Well." He sighed, "I'm bored, and ya ain't much fun."

"I- I'm sorry Mr.j." the man stuttered as he backed away into the far corner. Attempting to make himself smaller. As if he would disappear and not be seen.

J scowled as he looked at me, opening his arms. "It's hard to find good help around here." He shook his head, gripping the knife in his hand.

He drove the knife into his abdomen. Through the fake plastic abs.

Blood spilled from his mouth as he coughed, jerking forward as he fell. The sight almost made me rush over, apply pressure and beg for him to be saved.

Death used to scare me. But the longer I'm in his mansion the longer I become accustomed to the screams at night. The moaning of his men fucking the maids in spare rooms. It's so normal now that I laid in bed at the Wayne  seemed off. I couldn't sleep, even though the mattress was comfortable. Like a cloud as I was engulfed into the material.

I needed j's weight. And by the tired rings under his eyes - he needed mine just as much.

****

I scrunched my nose up at how horrendous I look. My hair, in knots for everyone to see as I'm gripped in the joker's arm. Bruce as usual looked crisp, even through the black and white footage of the camera I can see it clearly. Though he didn't look as good as j.

I had been all over the news all day. The world couldn't get enough of showing off how Bruce Wayne attempted to fight the joker and his men to get to me. Which visibly pissed J off. The fake blood on my abdomen looked real - even the way my body looked as I was dragged carelessly to the side. As if I was trash.

Exactly what j needed people to believe.

"They think I've gone soft." J had said. "They believe I'm keeping the girl simply because I'm feeling…emotions as anyone else." I can remember the look in his eyes as he looked around the room. Waiting for someone to object.

The only way we could think of it is if I had died. If they believe that no one could escape the hold and the wrath of the joker.

"You did good." His men grinned, drinking the cold bear in their hands as they stretched.

I shrugged my shoulders as I drank my own drink. "I'm just playing my part." I glanced at j.

Johnny laughed, lounging back as he glanced at his watch. "You played it fuckin well kid." He shook his head. "But don't leave again. Boss here nearly blew the place up."

"Amen to that." Some other men mumbled.

I laughed shaking my head as I watched j grin sitting forward. "I'd still do it."

"No." I pointed as I glanced around. "I've grown so fond of this place." I pointed around the room, narrowing my eyes. "So no one blow this place up or I'll string you up."

Joker grinned. "Ya heard her fellas." He pouted. "Looks like we have to find something else to blow up and I know just the place."