14

I couldn't remember the last time I closed my eyes, and managed to sleep. 

My eyes feel tight. puffy and somehow heavy. 

"melody." Emily's soft Voice sounded through the room, as the door creaked. 

"Fuck off." I rasped. my head, limp. I don't bother looking up. I don't care who is here. I don't care if the room was on fire I just wanted to sleep. to close my damn eyes. 

"That is no way to speak to your sister." My fathers voice was enough to snap my head up. to Make the scowl reappear. the have my Limbs shaking, to have my mind turn Hazy. "What the fuck are you doing here." 

"What are you doing here?" I questioned. my eyes Narrowed as I Tilt my chin up. If I could I would round my shoulders and stand tall. but I can't. My father Flicks a piece of Lint off of his suit jumper. "This seems to be the only way I can have a conversation with my Daughter." His voice Clipped. his Back straight, but his Face. seems to  have aged since the last time I saw him. His hair, even has specks of white Spiking through, blending with the Subtle grey's that hide in his natural colour.

"didn't you get Emily's message?" I raised a brow. And then my Gaze slides over to Emily. "You did tell him, didn't you?" I question.

"Of course I did." Her voice held certainty. and then, her eyes. although she fought hard to Conceal it. I saw the sympathy that lingered. the hurt. the want to Hold me. to attempt to comfort me. but it would be pointless. J was the only one who would have been able to manage. 

She knew the pain I felt as I looked at him. The memories, the weakness never seemed to leave me alone. Although I battled one of my demons, I never battled them all. and the biggest fucking one of them was standing in front of me. Taunting me, Like I was the same little girl that Left England.

My father stalked forward, it was enough to send my heart Thundering in my chest. I wanted to convince  myself it was a dream but I knew it wasn't. I could smell his cologne. could smell my mothers Perfume. I could feel the cold on my skin, the tired way my eyes felt.

And when my Fathers palm Connects to my face. the sting lingered. "Dad no." Emily stepped forward. "Do not fucking touch her." my heart stilled. as I look at her. as my Gaze glances back to my mother.

she stands near the door. her eyes looking anywhere but over to me. as she hums. exactly like she used to do, when he used to hit me. when mark used to punish me. she didn't care enough and he cared too much over the wrong things. 

"I can do what I fucking want." he spat. as he Shoves Emily out of the way. 

shock Strikes her features. and I suck in a breath. I can see the joker, his pale skin his green hair. the way his red Painted lips twist as he nods his approval. How he watched so lovingly as I killed mark, how he fucked me in the shower after. 

I suck in a breath. and Calmly say. "The difference between me and Emily Father is that I will do much more then get in-between me and her if you touch her again." She didn't deserve to go through anything slightly the same as me. she shouldn't have to and neither should I. it's a good thing I make my own rules now. 

"And what will you do, get that bat shit crazy boyfriend. will he kill me?" He scoffed. "Your a disgrace to this family." his Eye brows pinch as his scowl Spreads across his aged Face.

"Who said anything about J doing the killing." 

My fathers eyes widen for a minute. "You wouldn't." 

"Ask Emily." I raised a brow. Challenging him. I would be more then happy to kill his fucking ass.

"She would." Emily wiped a stray tear. Emily slammed her hand against the Metal table. "I knew brining you hear would be a bad idea. it wouldn't help her. you weren't family to her." she Didn't bother Wiping the tears. they kept pooling from her eyes as She clenched her back teeth. "Your just making her worse - your not brining the old Melody back."

I had enough of this. the back and forth, the shouting - the yelling. "Enough." I shouted. "I had enough of this fucking bullshit. the old Melody is fucking dead so deal with it." 

that Familiar Cackle sounded through the halls. and Immediately, a grin spread on my face. "Daddy's coming." I sang. I looked at my father. "You are fucked." I smiled.

"Did he follow us from the airport." Emily mumbled. as she shook. her legs shaking as she backed away into the corner. my father, ran behind me. using his arm forcing me into a chokehold. 

He was smart, using me as A human shield. but unfortunately for him. not smart enough.

as J kicked open the door, my mother whimpers as she Falls to the corner of the room. her face paling as is Wishing the shadows would swallow her hole. like she was living in a bad dream, one that she could wake up from and then completely ignore. like It never existed in the first place. but unfortunately if It was possible I would have done it a long time ago. 

I don't know what infuriated the joker more, seeing me tied up on the chair, a slap mark on my Cheek - or the way my father Wrapped his arm around my neck. keeping the air from entering my lungs. 

His eyes lingered on my fathers arm, Hate, Fury Swirled in those Icy eyes of his before they Slid to my own eyes. they never softened, but turned wild as they saw how they Blurred. 

and just as My lungs Burned. I heard my Father get hit. and suddenly his grip is gone. my mother Wails. 

And I cough. 

"You okay Suga." Harley, out of all people I was expecting to help rescue me. I never expected it to be her. 

 removes my restrains. and I immediately stand. my bones cracking. 

J engulfs me, his mouth Instantly capturing my own. "Daddy was gettin Impatient." He growled. "Ya know how much I hate Waitin'." 

I groaned as he Cupped my ass. I missed him. "A little birdy told me you Killed a lot of people." I murmured into his ear. and He Sniggered. "Your little birdy is right." He Slid his eyes to his father. 

"and daddy is about to add three more to the list."