five!

Y/N walks to her class with furrowed eyebrows. She can't shake off the feeling of forgetting something. Notebooks? Nope. Drumsticks for today's band practice? Pretty sure she got that. Raincoat? Checked. She sighs as she sits down on her seat, maybe it wasn't that important if she couldn't remember it.

"Y/N!" Her classmate shouts from the entrance door to the class, "Someone's looking for you."

"Who is it?" Y/N calls back out.

"It's Kageyama."

Blood suddenly rises to the top of Y/N's head as she remembers. Kageyama! I forgot his umbrella! She rushes from her seat and to the front. She comes face to face immediately with that scowl she came to know very well.

"Kageyama." She started slowly, "I'll bring your umbrella tomorrow. I promise."

"What? You forgot again?" Kageyama's scowl deepens.

"I'm sorry! I swear I didn't mean to." She whines.

"Forget it," He turns his back on her, about to leave, "I shouldn't expect much from such a dumbass."

As those words leave his mouth, Y/N could feel a sharp pang of pain to her heart. She grabs Kageyama by his arm to force him to turn around.

"I get that I'm useless at remembering stuff, but I really am sorry." Her eyes suddenly felt burning, "You didn't have to be so mean about it."

Kageyama eyebrows are now raised high, eyes blown wide as his mouth froze, unable to form words.

"Kageyama, why'd you make her cry!" A shout from Y/N's classmate rings in her head.

"Kageyama you asshole, boo." This voice was laced with disdain.

"You okay Y/N?"

Shouts started spouting from different spots of the classroom, it was becoming loud and rowdy. It took Y/N a while to noticed that tears had rolled to her cheeks. Kageyama looked like he couldn't hear the other students shamming him. His eyes were glued on Y/N.

"Y/N," He paused before continuing, "I'm-"

"Just get out." Y/N didn't let him refute before shutting the door completely.

"Sorry guys, I got a little bit over myself ." Y/N said as she wipes her tears away.

"Kageyama was just an asshole, don't blame yourself." A guy shouts and it earned a collective sound of agreements by the other students.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm going to bring back his damn umbrella and cut all the strings that tied us together.