one!

"Damnit."

She stands in the school entrance, furious. She curses at the hard rain pouring down and making loud contact with the pavement. She also curses at herself for forgetting to bring her raincoat.

"Why now?" She whispered silently. The club was moved to today because the club captain couldn't come on the scheduled day. If it hadn't been for the captain's stupid errand, she'd be at home reading mangas in the rain instead of wondering around the school entrance like a lost puppy. Her friends went home because unlike her, they brought umbrellas. Even if they shared the umbrella, they'll part ways eventually.

She looks through her backpack to see if there's anything suitable for covering her forgetful self through the rain. But, the few things she brought was her lunch box and text books. There's was no way she's going to use her text books through this insanely heavy rain.

Twenty minutes pass, the rain still hasn't let up yet.

She were considering if she should sacrifice her sociology or chemistry book.

Thirty minutes pass, the rain was still pouring as hard as before.

"Now or never." She said quietly.

When she was just about to run, somebody had stepped to her side.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Y/N didn't have to turn around to look at who it was. She recognize that voice anywhere. She thought today was a bad day, well it's going to get a lot worse based on who just showed up.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Y/N sighs as her shoulder slumps and her hands limping to her side.

"Idiot." He scoffs and it made Y/N furrow her eyebrows at him. "Where's your umbrella?"

Geez. Give me a break.

"I don't use umbrellas." Y/N said, kicking her foot lightly. "I hate them so I use raincoats."

"Where's your raincoat then?" He pressed, eyes looking up at the monotone sky as though wondering when the rain will stop.

"I didn't bring it." Y/N said with a frown, it's kind of embarrassing to say it. "I thought it wasn't going to rain."

"Only idiots forget to bring their raincoat." He stayed quiet for several minutes after that quiet remark before he reached for his bag, taking out a dark, almost cylindrical object. He looks at it and hands it to her. "Start liking umbrellas."

Y/N looks at his hand, sure enough, he was offering a small umbrella. Her heart swell a little at the thought of not having to sacrifice her textbooks.

But then it hits her.

Why is Kageyama being nice though?

She squints her eyes at him, suspicious. "Are you planning something."

"Wha- no I'm not." His eyebrows knitted together, a frown forming on his lips. "You idiot, take it or leave it."

Y/N thought about it for a few seconds, weighing down all of the options she has. She smiles as she looks at the umbrella. She took it and give him a little thank you smile.

"Don't forget to bring it back to me tomorrow. Dumbass." As he said that, he rushes into the heavy rain.

"Thanks volleyball freak!" Y/N screamed, making sure he heard it.

Y/N watch as his figure slowly disappears between the thick and never ending rain. The thought of how he lends Y/N his umbrella baffled her. Did he get struck by a lightning?