8

James POV:

Soft snores occompanied the sunlight as it peeked through the curtains. The warmth it brung left a grateful sigh from my lips as I slowly untucked my arms from my  blankets. My eyes creaked open for a moment before I let my arms stretch above my head, "Damn.." I mumbled softly and almost sat up until an unfamiliar weight on my chest made me stop.

My eyes drowsily lowered to the familiar messy black hair that clearly belonged to Alice. Her small frame was nestled perfectly upon my own as she hugged her blanket to her body. Her sweet lips were parted gently as she breathed softly in her sleep. I couldn't help the need to watch her in her peace. Part of me didn't want to wake her.

I was enjoying her quiet snores far too much until the quick glance at the clock reminded me of my duties. Eight am was late for me and I knew I was pushing it for getting to work on time. I had yet to go in late once in my career and preferred my clean record.

"Alice." I called softly and reached down to brush the hair from her face. She didn't move a muscle as she kept on dreaming. I tried again, shaking her gently as I slowly sat up, making her whine as she moved with me. Her thighs cradled my lap and her sleepy head never left my chest once. Her eyes peeked open hesitantly, "Nooo." She argued barely awake as she looked over to me.

"You told me to wake you." I rolled my eyes and held back a smile at her own little pout, "I know.. I'm just too sleepy." She mumbled as she gently rubbed at her eyes.

She looked far too sweet in my lap. It took everything in me not to kiss her like the night before. Oh how badly I wanted to grab her sleepy cheeks and bring her face to mine.

"How did you get out here?" I questioned as I watched her hug my waist and lean her cheek to my chest, "You looked comfy.." she explains hesitantly as I pulled our blankets off. A hiss left her lips as she pressed herself closer.

The cold apartment air was refreshing for me but it was very obvious she hated it as a whine instantly left her lips, "Oh no no no!" She was quick to lean down and try to grab a blanket but I grabbed her hand, "Nope. We gotta get up." I swear she looked ready to sob as her arms wrapped around me instead, clearly trying to take all of my heat.

She was barely dressed to begin with. Just a small pink nightgown separated her bare skin from the room air and still it didn't cover all of her. The deep brown skin of her thighs was calling my name as goosebumps appeared on her chilled skin.

"Oooor.. We can have ten more minutes." She tried to reason but I wasn't having it as I moved my feet off the couch. She whined as her legs and arms wrapped around me tighter, "Noooo!" Her small attitude was entertaining but I knew today was too important to play with her further.

My hand gently patted her thigh, "C'mon. The station needs me." I tried to be gentle but her little glare was letting me know she clearly needed more. My hand tapped harder, filling the room with a soft smack as her eyes widened, "Let's go." My voice hardened but I knew she didn't care.

That little mischievous look in her eyes told me everything.

She shook her head no again, not saying a single word as she clung to me still. It was clear she was testing her boundaries as she pressed herself closer, guiding me to lean back into her sofa.

"Alice. I'm serious." I hardened my voice as my hands traveled up higher slowly, resting on her hips as I watched her slowly sit up in my lap.

"I know.." She whined softly as a sleepy pout settled on her lips. Her finger slowly traced circles on my chest, "It's too early for anything.." Her nose crinkled in dissatisfaction and I couldn't help the chuckle that left my lips, "I prefer to wake even earlier." She gave me a confused look, "I just don't see the appeal." I rolled my eyes at her sass and tapped her thigh again, "Well today you're going to have to." She let out a final groan before hesitantly crawling out my lap.