6

Wheels spinning on asphalt slowly came to a stop as we pulling into the parking lot. People drunkenly sang and danced around us to the sound of the music pouring out of the club. I could only imagine just how wild inside was from scanning the parking lot.

My eyes fell upon a couple making out two cars down from us. I nosily watched as they aggressively ate at each other, pulling at their clothes and pulling hair. It was clearly beyond heated as the couple moved to the backseat.

My eyes flickered to James who was also watching them, slight surprise on his own face. I quickly looked to my purse and grabbed my lipstick, adding another layer before popping my lips and shutting it back in.

"Alright. I'm ready." I mumble softly and look to James who was already watching me closely. I felt my cheeks warm, "You like?" I teased and couldn't help my little smile as he nodded his head, "It suits you but don't get distracted." He reminded me sternly and I nodded my head before giving him a bigger smile, "This is gonna be so fun." I try to lighten the mood but failed miserable as his own face was emotionless like always and even a little less than amused, "It's a mission." He reminded me sharply and I nodded my head as I watched him get out of the car.

My shoulders sagged as I let a sigh out. I'm already fumbling making him comfortable with me being here. I could tell he still hated the idea and the drive here solidified the feelings since he was truly so adamant about listing his rules and safety measures.

-"If you need help, look to me. If you are thirsty, look to me. If you need to go, look to me." His face was deadly serious and I knew better than to say anything but a yes sir from the way he looked at me. -

Part of me loved his assertiveness and the other half wanted to keep pushing it. I wanted his jaw to drop when he saw how well I handle myself and take me more seriously when I succeed tonight. The idea of doing things my way sounded too sweet as his rules had me so dependent on him.

The car door opening broke my thoughts as I gathered my purse and put my hand into James' who helped me out the car. I gave him a small thank you and let our eyes meet for a moment before I looked back towards the club. The butterflies in my stomach were already beginning to flutter.

"Let's go. Stay close." He spoke lowly as he put his hand on the small of my back, leading me forwards. My heart picked up speed with every step we took. Suddenly every thing felt much more intense as the crowd became louder and the music thumped so hard it made my chest vibrate.

We approached the thick metal door and I watched as James knocked hard three times. We sat in silence for a moment before the peephole slid open with a bang, revealing a set of eyes that watched us carefully, "Lady comes in. You stay out." He spoke up and didn't even care for a response as he shut it closed with a loud bang.

"W-What?" I looked to James confused as he looked beyond annoyed at the door. I watched his hands ball into fists and quickly kept my mouth shut as I looked forward again to the door swinging open for us.

The man's head peeked out as his arm motioned for me to walk in, "Hurry up, toots." He snapped and I frowned deeply at the name before taking James' hand in my own, "Fine." I snap back and start leading him in but stopped abruptly as the man moved from behind the door. He was burly and clearly trained for the job as he crossed his arms, acting as a second door while he eyed us both hard.

"Ya deaf? I said the lady only." He motioned to me but I stayed rooted to my spot as I frowned deeply, "I heard and don't care." I snapped and watched the man's eyes move to me once again. I crossed my arms just as he did, not letting my eyes leave his.

He barely took me seriously as he flexed his arms, "Then you can both leave." James clearly wasn't liking his attitude as he pulled me closer into his own side, "We're here to see somebody. They told us hit dogs holler." The bodyguard eyed us both for another silent moment before slowly uncrossing his arms with a huff, "Alright.. Go ahead." He hesitantly moved to the side but not enough for the both of us. I stepped forward but James stopped me before guiding me behind him as he went first, shoulder checking the guard hard. The man moved over and I held back a giggle at his look towards James.