5

My eyes slowly opened as sunlight peeked through the pastel curtains of my bedroom window. I sighed softly as I rolled over in my queen bed, the silk sheets slowly sliding off my body as I sat up.

Our little moment last night was on repeat on my mind and even in my sleep. I could feel my cheeks warm at the thought of my lips touching his cheek.

I loved that he was usually shaven but let the stubble grow a little. It was just enough to show me he's a man without covering his beautiful jaw. I wanted to kiss it over and over but I knew my mind was fleeting to the impossible at this point.

"Relax, Alice." I snapped at myself as I climbed out of bed. I felt like a cat as I stretched again, soaking in the sunlight that poured into my room. I loved every second of it. I would spend the day doing nothing but laying on my floor but I knew I had work to do.

I looked to my clock and sighed,

10:30 am.

I was lucky to work for an old money publishing company. The hours were undemanding and my manager rarely demanded me to write as my last few books had just recently been published.

I didn't have the heart to write anything anyway.

With my sister gone, I didn't have a single ounce of inspiration for my twin adventure series. A trilogy of twins but the third book being about soloing would be a crime against readers.

I wouldn't be surprise if my manager got flooded with angry letters and I earned a strike next to my name.

A sigh left my lips as I made my way to my kitchen, preparing breakfast, "What would James even want for dinner?" The question hung heavily in the air as I looked through my cabinets.

I've never had to feed any grown man besides my own father. If anything, before meeting James, the idea of me cooking a full hearty dinner for a man would have made me laugh and swore that was impossible.

Unsatisfied with everything in my apartment, my day was already planned out.

"First, grocery store for James.. then Tilly's for a new dress.. and perhaps the salon if I have time.." I looked at my hair in the reflection of my refrigerator, sighing softly as my curls very clearly needed some moisture.

With my mind buzzing and time slowly slipping past, I quickly got myself together to head out. I looked at my outfit in the mirror by my front door one last time before grabbing my purse and keys then slipping out. I locked it right behind me as the sound of small feet approached me.

"Alice." The voice made me jump as I looked over to see Mrs. Kim making her way over. The old woman held out a newspaper, "Can you read the advertisement for me? That paperboy dropped my news in a puddle.. Now I can't see any good.." She pointed to the section and I nodded my head, "No problem, Mrs.Kim." I squinted as I struggled to read it too.

"Help needed at the Love 'em Luxury Hotel. Big money sign on bonus. No scam attached. Ask for Tony." I read aloud and did my best to keep my face neutral as I quickly moved on, "And then it's a sale at Tilly's. Shoes are buy one get one half off." I closed the paper and watched her nod her head and hum softly.

"Eh. I'll skip it, dear." She waved off the news before I gave her the paper back. She was already making her way back to her apartment, "Wait! Mrs. Kim, I have a question!" I call after her and follow as she looked at me but didn't stop walking once.

"Go on." She opened her door and I followed her in, "Well... I was wondering what to cook for a man.. A good hearty meal preferably since he works a lot." I explain and she oohs softly, "Oh! So you've finally gotten a man?" She teases and laughs softly, "I would have thought you were a widow from how often you come home alone." She waddled her way right to her living room, leaving me shocked in her entry way.