4

The car ride was silent on our way back

We were both lost in our thoughts as we drove through the city. The sun had been set and left us surrounded by the glittering lights from buildings and shops. Part of me wanted a distraction, anything to keep my mind off of what my sister could be going through.

Crying over her would get me no where and running full speed at every hint could put me in her situation. The only thing I could do to console myself was stay by Daniels side and watch him piece everything together. I hadn't known him long but he was keeping me rooted.

Between consoling me, guiding me, and keeping me safe, I felt myself getting more and more attached to him. Just this morning I couldn't help myself from caressing his sleeping face. Everything about him drew me in closer and closer since the moment we met.

"Alice." My name left his lips so smoothly as I looked over to him, "Daniels." I answer back and watch him smirk, "James." He corrects and I turned to look at him. I fought a smile on my lips, "James." I answered again and watched a small blush form on his cheeks.

"This is the longest you've been quiet since we've met." He glanced at me and I couldn't help my laugh, "Oh? So you like that I can't shut up?" I crossed my arms and watched him nod his head, "I don't mind it." His fingers tapped the wheel and i hummed softly as I turned on the radio.

Soft jazz filled the car as I played with the volume, "Your car is nice.. I feel like a star in here." My hands rubbed the fancy interior as I enjoyed his luxury car, "Mine was a hand me down from my dad but I still love her. I had to put some work in since I can't drive stick. I made her auto." James hummed softly as he looked over at me, "You wanna learn?" My eyes widened as I quickly shook my head, "I think I'd faint if I got behind the wheel." He laughed softly, making my heart pick up at the sound.

It was another thing about James that I find addicting.
I couldn't get enough of the man as a whole but between his voice, smile, and the way he held me, I don't think I can get enough,

"You're not driving.. Just holding the stick. Put ur hand over mine." He nodded towards the stick he held and I hesitated, our eyes catching for a moment before I placed my hand on his. He hummed softly, "Now just pay attention to what I do.. then I'll let you control it." I nodded my head quickly, "J-Just don't rush me now.. This is scary." I mumbled softly and watched has he moved the gear stick, pushing it forward as we kept on straight.

"Alright?" He asked after a moment and I nodded my head, "It's not so bad.." a little laugh left my lips but left as he pressed his foot on the gas, speeding us up. I looked to him as he rolled the windows down, "Don't be scared. I got us." His thumb rubbed my hand as he let us speed down the streets.

I watched as he moved the gear as we passed slower cars and turned onto the highway, "Let's take a detour." A smile grew on his lips as he moved the gear quickly before pressing the gas further. I couldn't help my laugh as we sped along, dipping past cars until they felt more like a blur.