Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Simula

Important Note: Please read the WARNING page before proceeding to this book for cautions, topics, tropes of this story, and trigger warnings. Read at your own risk.

--

Simula

Zahrah

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"What happened then, Mommy? Did the prince slay the dragon and save the princess?"

I couldn't see her eyes, but I could hear her voice and warmth. Her fingers laced on my hair, combing it slowly and gently.

"Nope, princess," she whispered. "The prince came not to rescue her but to motivate her instead. The princess got the courage and slayed the dragon herself."

Nangunot ang noo ko. Mas nagtataka sa kanya.

"'Di ko po gets, Mommy."

A male, baritone voice answered instead, giving me the fatherly warmth inside my chest.

"The prince urged and helped the princess to gather strength and bravery to face her fears instead. Sa halip na siya ang gumawa, pinalakas niya ang loob ng prinsesa na harapin ang takot and she did. She slayed the dragon herself," he answered.

My mouth parted in awe, realizing how amazing that was.

"Oh, wow! It's different po sa story books po, Mommy? Daddy?" I asked. "Kasi po 'di ba sa fairytale, 'yong princess po nasa likod ng prince tapos po ang prince ang papatay po sa monster?"

"Hmm, yeah," Mommy answered. "But you see, princesses can be their own warriors, too. She's as strong as the prince—they're equal."

I looked expectantly at the blurry face of my father and only saw his soft smile.

"Yes, princess. Mommy's right."

"Then, how about after po, Mommy? Daddy? After killing the dragon, did they get married?"

"Yeah, at some point in time but the tower where the princess was held in prison was just the start of their journey. When they got out, back-to-back, the prince and princess slain monsters on their way to the palace."

"Wow!" I beamed in excitement. "Galing! Pero po, Mommy, okay lang po ba sa princess na nakikipaglaban po siya sa monsters?"

"Yup." She smiled. "You know, my rose, the greatest lesson and gift the princess could ever have was through her adventure."

"I love you, Mommy! Daddy! Thank you po sa story time!"

"We love you, too, our rose."

I smiled as these two wonderful people held me closely. Their arms tightened into a warm embrace. I couldn't see their blurry faces but the love I was feeling was enough to make me feel at home.

The scene had changed. I found myself crying and running away from the kids on my classmates teasing. Magulo at mabilis ang pangyayari. Ni hindi ko nga makita ang mukha nila at 'di ako sigurado kung ako iyong inaasar pero nasasaktan ako sa pagtawa nila.

"Ah! Hindi naman pala totoong pamilya!" they mocked and pushed me. "Totoo ba 'yon? Ampon?"

I was stunned. I knew it already but if it was coming from other people, why did it sting?

"N-no..." Umiling ako.

"Alam namin, ano! H'wag ka nang magsinungaling! Narinig namin ang pinsan mo na sinasabi bibisita ka sa mommy mo sa sementeryo!"