Chapter 8

About a week later, eda went out with nakusa to run arrends. Eda never left nakusa alone with Jack, and nakusa didn't mind eda was her favorite person. 

"Alright.. You wanna try and find.. Tomatos?" Eda asked. "Ew.. No" nakusa said, which made eda laugh. "Alright.. Well we still need to-"  when eda looked back at nakusa.. She was gone. Eda was shocked, and now terrified.  "N-nakusa!?... I.. Where's you go!?" Eda sked frantically. She started looking all around the store first her daughter. Eventually the intercom came on.

Can the mother of this cookie obsessed child come to the counter..
HII MOMMA!!"

Eda sighed in relief, then hurried to the check out, as soon as she spotted nakusa, she also saw Raine with her. "Hi momma! Look who I found!" Nakusa said pointing to raine.  ".. Raine.. Hi" eda mumbled, as she picked up nakusa. "Hey eda, I uh.. Found  her in the bakery" Raine said with a awkward smile.  "Thanks Raine.. I appreciate it" eda said with a smile. Rai e smiled back, which made eda go a little red.  "Eda..are.. You doing okay?" Raine asked. "Yeah.. I'm alright, just you know, this little cookie addict" eda said, teasing nakusa. "She's pretty cute.. Is she.. You know.. Yours?" Raine asked. "Oh, yeah.. She's mine.." Eda said, even though she hated the fact knowing she had a child with Jack.  Raine got a little sad thinking about eda moving on, but kept a smile. Raine remembered the paper in their pocket they got from Lilith.

Flash back:
When Raine left the area after saving eda they went home, then heard someone at the door. Raine opened the door, and saw Darius and Lilith. "Raine.. We need to talk" Lilith said in a solem tone.  "Yeah.. Okay" Raine said. 

Lilith Raine and Darius sat down at Raines table, all worries about the same thing.  "Raine..have you heard from my sister at all?" She asked. "Well.. Yeah I just saw her today, why?" Raine asked. "I.. I think she's in trouble but my calls arnt coming through, it's like she blocked me.." Lilith said, getting more and more worried. "What? Eda wouldn't do that" Raine said. "Exactly.. She's acting weird and we need your help to figure not out" Darius said. Raine nodded, they also noticed eda being weird. "Raine.. What happened when you say her?" Lilith asked. "H-her husband.. I think  he was trying to hit her, and her daughter" raine admitted. Lilith and Darius eyes widen."kill him" Darius said bluntly.raine nodded. "Absolutely,it's the only way" Raine agreed. "No! We're doing this legally..no matter how tempting ending his life may be.." Lilith said. she said it was a misunderstanding.. But.. She looked scared" Raine said, recalling the memory.   "Well.. At least nothing happened.. But..he could be threatening her.. She.. Showed me some type of red light on her ring.. He could be either.. Recording her it tracking her" Lilith said. "Bro has some issues.. But we need to get her out of there" Darius said. "But non of us can get close with out her husband being suspicious" Lilith said.  Raine took a second to think. "What about um.. "
Raine tries to think of dead child's name, and Lilith caught on. "Nakusa.. " Lilith said. "Right.. What about her? She seemed like she was going to say something.. But eda covered her mouth.. Nakusa could tell us what's going on" Raine said, and Lilith for an idea. "Well it's true.. She has no filter.. But how can we get her to talk to us alone.. Edalyn is very protective of her" Lilith asked. They all took a second to think. "Oh!.. Her birthday is coming up next week.. I can bring her here, and we can talk to her then" Lilith said. "But we need rock solid evidence? And she's a child.." Radius said. "Well.. We could our a wire on her" Raine suggested. "No.. That would look suspicious.. But having her record what's going on at home.. Would be a good idea" Lilith said. "Out it on one of her toys or something.. Something she carries around with her all the time" Darius suggested. "Perfect! I can.. Get her a bear.. We can put a camera in it.." Lilith said. "Okay Raine.. Next time you see edalyn.. Tell her I'm going to take nakusa our for her birthday" she instructed. "Alright".

End of flashback:

" oh.. Hey eda, Lilith said shes. Taking nakusa out for her birthday " Raine said, but made sure nakusa couldn't hear. "Awh!.. She'd love that.." Eda gushed. "Well.. I need to go, il see you another time, Calamity" Raine said, then left. Hearing such a nickname made eda blush, but she finished with shopping and went home. 

A week later, it was nakusas birthday, she was 5 now. Eda made nakusa pancakes for breakfast, and of course, put sprinkles in it "happy birthday baby!" Eda beamed, as she have nakusa breakfast, at this point eda was actually really good at cooking, so nakusa didn't waist anytime eating. "Thank you momma!" Nakusa saw, with her mouth full which made eda laugh.  "Carful before you choke" eda said while stroking nakusas hair.

When Lilith came to pick up nakusa, eda stopped her. "One second kiddo, I just want to take a few pictures" eda said, then searched her pockets for her phone. "Shoot.. Where's I put my phone?."  Eda asked herself.  "Momma can I go now?" Nakusa asked. Eda chuckled. "Yeah.. Go ahead and come home safe" eda said, then went back inside.  

The second eda closed, the door, jack grabbed her by the waist. Eda jumped, and immediately got scared. "Why don't you and me.. Have a little fun?.." He asked Ina  threatening tone. Eda's heart dropped, and she tears up.

Lilith brought nakusa to her apartment, along with Raine and Darius. "Auntie lily.. Who's that?" She asked, pointing at Darius.  Darius waved. "Well that's another friend of mine, and your mother's" Lilith said. ".. Momma said he's gay, what does that mean?" Nakusa asked. Darius sighed.. Lilith and Raine were trying not to laugh. "Come here, I have something for you" Lilith said, then sat nakusa down at a table. "What is it?"  Nakusa asked. "Well look inside" Lilith said. Nakusa opened the box and it was a build-a-bear. Nakusa was very happy with it, then set a box of cookies down in front of her. "Thanks auntie lily!!? " nakusa beamed. "Your very welcome.. So.. How are things at home?.. Anything out of the ordinary?"  Lilith asked. "No" nakusa answered. "So.. How are your parents?" Lilith asked. "Momma is happy, but I don't like daddy" nakusa said, while still eating cookies. "Oh? Why not?" Lilith asked her. "He's mean, he tells at momma a lot" nakusa said. Raine, Lilith and Darius, got worried, and exchanged glances. "Does.. Your father.. Hit her.. At all?" Lilith asked carefully. "All the time.. She tells me to hide in the closet when he does"..

CLIFF HANGERRRR!!!!