Chapter 5: Awake

Harry wakes slowly starting with his fingers and toes which he wiggles. Then, he rotates his ankles and wrists, followed by his knees and elbows, until he can move his whole body. He sits up and opens his eyes, patting around for his glasses and hearing aids. When he can't find them, he starts tapping.

"Help! I can't find my glasses or hearing aids. I can't see or hear." He waits for the return taps.

Unlike the usual tapping back on his hand or arm, he feels vibrations that spell out, "Hello, Harry. Can you feel this? My name is Jarvis. You are at Avengers Tower. I am Mr. Stark's AI. I run the tower. You can find your things at a four o'clock angle from you."

Harry carefully reaches back and finds his things. He quickly slides the glasses up the bridge of his nose before plugging in his aids. Sound starts bleeding through until he can hear the consistent beep of his heart monitor. "Thank you, Jarvis. That was terrifying."

"Of course." This time a voice comes through. "I have alerted the Avengers that you are awake. They were eating. It's been difficult to get Loki to leave your side. Thor had to carry him upstairs to eat."

"How long was I asleep?" Harry taps.

"You were in a healing coma for two weeks."

Harry nods and leans back into his pillows. He sighs and imagines playing in the yard with Padfoot, Prongs, Moony, and Snivillous again.

A door opens, "Hello, Wee One. How do you feel?" Harry shoots up and taps excitedly, "Wanda! You're okay! I feel fine. I'm hungry though. Will they let me eat? Jarvis said you guys were eating breakfast."

Jarvis translates what Harry said and Wanda smiles sadly, "Of course you can eat. I'll send my brother to make you a big plate of pancakes with bacon and sausage. But first, I have to tell you something."

"Harry asked what's wrong," Jarvis says.

"Nothing's wrong. In fact, it's really good. We found your Daddy From the Skies. He's right outside waiting to come in. Do you want to meet him?" Wanda grins.

The small boy bounces in his bed and barely manages to tap out a simple 'yes'.

Wanda steps out and a man with shoulder-length dark hair and piercing green eyes walks into the room. "Hello, My Prince. My name is Loki. I'm your-"

"Daddy!" Harry mouths and launches himself into the god's arms. Harry always hoped he would find his father but sometimes, he wondered if it were possible. But now, with his Daddy hugging him as tight as he can, everything seems alright.

"Oh, my beautiful boy. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry, my prince. I never should have left. I didn't want to, I had to. I'm so sorry." Loki murmurs into his son's unruly black locks and rubs circles on his back.

Harry taps out a reply on Loki's shoulder which Jarvis translates, "It's okay, Daddy. You didn't know. But now you found me! Will you keep me?"

"Of course, My Prince. I love you. So much."

When they were finally ready to let go of each other, they noticed the two other men in the room.

"My Prince, this is Anthony Stark, my partner, and Stephen Strange, he's the one who took care of you," Loki says, introducing the two men.

Harry grins mischievously as he studies them with his head cocks to the side. He erects a shield right as Tony steps forward making him run into it.

"Shit! Kid, can you please stop doing that?" Tony swears as the shield comes down.

"Maybe. I was testing something." Harry taps.

"Testing what? And why does my son keep tapping like that?" Loki asks, clearly confused.

"It appears Harry is fluent in Morse Code. And he says, "I was testing to see if the marks you put on them are protection or ownership. If it was protection, they would have been able to walk right through my shield. But it's ownership. You marked them so anyone with magic can see that Mr. Stark and Mr. Strange belong to you. So, why did you only claim Mr. Stark as yours?" That is a very good question." Jarvis adds.

"Lokes, did your kid just expose us?" Tony chuckles.

"Indeed he did. No matter, he simply sped up the process. But, I am impressed at your magical potential. Most children your age can't recognize markings like the ones I put on Stephen and Anthony." Loki says casually before looking away at Stephen who seems to be locked in a stunned stupor.

Tony waves his hand in front of the sorcerer's face, "Stephy? Hey, Stephy?" He snorts and looks at the others, "I think we broke Stephen."

Harry shakes with silent laughter. He already loves Tony.