Chapter 6: Incredible

Stephen was in shock.

Loki claimed him. How did he not feel it happen? How long had he been wearing a magical mark of ownership? What about Tony? Why wasn't he shocked or upset by the news? In fact, he seemed excited. He found the whole thing amusing. And why wasn't he, Stephen, mad that he was marked without permission?

"Stephen, if you would please check over my son so I can take him upstairs to eat." Loki feigns irritation but can't hide his smirk.

Stephen shakes his head, as if to knock his brain back in place, and walks over to the small boy lying in bed.

Harry giggles silently and closes his eyes, his body stills and Stephen feels a slight rush of cool air.

"Harry! What's wrong? What happened?" Loki panics.

"He's fine, Loki. I'll go talk to him." Stephen laughs, "Someone catch my body." With that, he pushes his soul into an astral projection.

"Hello, Harry. Watcha doin'? Besides giving your Daddy a heart attack." Stephen grins at the ghost-like projection of the little boy.

"I like it here. I have a voice and can hear and see. It's nice. If I didn't turn into a ghost, I'd say I feel normal."

"Your voice is beautiful. I hope we can help you get it back. But, can you go back to your body? I promise, no needles and nothing hot." Stephen smiles at the twirling boy.

"Okay." Harry sighs and his spirit disappears. Stephen laughs and closes his eyes. When they open again a second later, he's staring into a pair of big brown eyes.

"Hello, Tony. What did I miss?"

"Harry says, "I'm fine. My spirit left my body and Mr. Strange followed me. Now, can you please stop squeezing me, Daddy."" Jarvis translates.

"Hey, kiddo," Stephen smiles and starts checking Harry's vitals and monitors. "Call me Stephen. But if that makes you uncomfortable, it's Dr. Strange."

Harry just nods and leans back, waiting for Stephen to finish looking him over.

"Alright kiddo, you're all set. Ready to meet the rest of the team?" Stephen smiles.

"Almost. I need my backpack." Harry taps.

Tony picks up the black bag by its strap, "Here, it's empty though." He says, handing the bag to Harry.

The little demigod smiles and shakes his head, "It's not. It's magic." he throws his back over his shoulder and jumps into Loki's waiting arms.

Stephen smiles at the pair and follows them out.

_._._._._

Harry's eyes bug out behind his glasses at the kitchen full of people. There are people sitting in chairs, and on counters. There's one man hanging from the ceiling and another dangling from the vents, It's completely nuts, but his Daddy just looks at them all and sighs like it's normal.

"Is it too much to ask that you fools act your age for once?" The god groans and places Harry on a stool at the island.

"Do you even have to ask?" The man dangling from the vents laughs before sliding out and landing in a crouch. "Hi Harry, my name is Clint Barton or Hawkeye." He says while moving his hands in intricate ways.

"What are you doing with your hands?" Harry taps

"It's called sign language. You don't know any?" Clint taps back before Jarvis can translate.

"I only know Morse Code, Mr. Barton. Hydra didn't want me to be able to speak any other way." Harry was shocked anyone here could understand him.

"It's okay, Harry. Clint and I can teach you. Clint's deaf, like you. I'm Natasha Romanoff, or Black Widow. And you can drop the Mr., everyone will ask you to call them by their first name." A woman with thick red hair pats out at the kitchen table.

Harry smiles and mouths, "Thank you!"

A big blond man sitting next to Natasha speaks, "Good morning, Harry. I'm Steve Rodgers or Captain America."

"I'm one of his partners, Bucky Barnes." A man with shoulder-length black hair and a metal arm smirks from the floor. "I'm also the Winter Soldier." He adds sheepishly.

A black man sitting on the counter waves, "I'm the Falcon, Sam Wilson. I'm the other partner of those testosterone-filled fools."

Bucky squawks, outraged, while Harry grabs his midsection, shaking and panting with silent laughter.

"I am Thor, son of Odin! God of Thunder and Loki's brother!" A blonde with long hair shouts making Harry flinch and take out his hearing aids, "It is so good to meet you, nephew." Thor continues.

Harry huffs and taps out a reply on the countertop that makes both spies double over with laughter.

"What? What did he say?" Thor shouts, confused.

When it's evident that neither spy is going to pull themselves together, Jarvis answers, "Harry said, "God of Thunder? You seem like the god of whispers. Now I see why Snivillous was always saying, "Your Daddy's brother is the most annoying creature I have ever had the displeasure of meeting." I almost wish I didn't have hearing aids with how loud you are. Are you part banshee?""

Harry replaces his hearing aids only to hear nearly everyone laughing.

When everyone finishes wiping their eyes and the chuckling dies out, a man with curly brown hair and glasses addresses the child, "Sorry about him, Harry. My name is Bruce Banner. I'm also the Hulk. We're Thor's partner. He's getting better about the yelling, but he got excited. I hope he didn't scare you." Bruce's voice is careful.

"It's okay. He didn't." Harry mouths with a soft smile.

"Hi, Harry!" The man on the ceiling smiles and flips down, "We already met but I'm Peter Wilson, Spiderman." Peter swipes a piece of bacon for his husband's plate before saying, "And you remember Wade. He's also known as Deadpool." and taking a seat at the table.

"Harry would like to know why Wade is still wearing his mask," Jarvis says as Loki hands the demigod a plate piled high with food.

"I don't want to scare you. I have some scars. They make me look like a monster." Wade says gruffly.

Harry takes a bite thoughtfully before tapping, "Do my scars make me a monster?"

"Of course not!" Wade answers.

"So why would yours make you one."

"It's different."

"I'll be the judge of that." Harry mouths and walks over to Wade. He slowly reaches for the man's mask and pulls it off. Underneath lies a man with big blue eyes, short dirty blond hair, and not an inch of unmarked skin. And Harry couldn't help but think it made Wade even more beautiful. And he told him as much.

"Thank you, Harry." Wade whispers.

"No. Thank you." Harry mouths, "For trusting me with your pain."

The others all watched the exchange. And when Harry goes back to his seat like nothing happened, pulling a small bottle from a pocket in his backpack and downs it, they are all thinking the same thing.

This kid is incredible.