My fault

The second I had the word I jumped in my car, raising back to the home and daughter I had left. I no longer carried how many road laws I broke all I cared about was getting back to my daughter, hearing her screams on the phone broke my frozen heart. I knew I had screwed up, I had broken my daughter down and it truly was all my fault.

I am the leader of the coven. Despite trying to solve problems diplomatically, I let Edward have full control because he is my first son and I don't want to lose him but I lost him, all the same, he buggered off only occasionally calling us but I never really knew where. It broke my wife to lose her son and daughter, it hurt Alice, Emmett, Rosalie and Jasper who all lost a sister. It hurt Jasper the most, I could tell how awful he felt about losing control he was never even able to ask for forgiveness. I stopped being a leader and let Edward make the decisions now I must come face to face with how much I had damaged my daughter.

I wasn't even paying attention to the road as I continued to drown in my thoughts. Racing around the being road in the dead of night scaring away any animal that happened to be passing by, thankful for Rose's talent with cars allowing me to push passed the human knowledge of automobile speed. Despite my speed it still felt like hours until I finally reached the hidden turning, I didn't waste a second before I jumped out of the car and flew up into the house. Bella's heart was echoing around the house, giving away her position.

It was only now that I stopped for a second content with the knowledge that my daughter was safe, I could hear Esme upstairs humming a little tune to her as I ascended the stairs. My feet made their way to the room Esme and I shared, my eyes firmly fixed on the window at the end of the hall with each step the trees outside got closer. I stopped outside of the room and turned sharply on the balls of my feet and what I saw will never leave my heart. Bella was curled up facing Esme her hand tightly gripping the purple blouse, my wife lightly embraced our daughter with one hand and with her other, she was gently caressing Bella's hair as she hummed her little tune.

Silently I slipped across the room careful not to wake her up. As I sat down on the edge of the bed, Bella turned over in her sleep, arm outstretched hand open towards me, Esme just smiled and nodded as I moved over to my daughter her hand encased in mine as she rested beside me, "I've missed you my love" Esme spoke so quietly if it weren't for my vampiric hearing I would never have heard her

I smiled and kissed her "I've missed you too" I basked in the silence just a few moments more before I asked the question that had been burning holes in the back of my mind "How is she" I did take my eyes off her peaceful face, no anxieties or worries, thinking back to the past six months I don't think there was a time were I ever saw her so relaxed

"She's been quiet, I know she has always been quiet but this is more than normal, withdrawn, oh, what have we done" Esme's eyes filled with venom, I knew if you could cry she would not be able to hold back the floods of tears

"We will get her back Esme I promise you that" I knew I would have to give Bella a physical exam soon, based on her gaunt-like features and from what Esme had told me on the phone, I had no doubt in my mind that Bella had been neglecting her self. 

"This is the longest she has slept without having nightmares" Esme smiled up at me and I knew that we both hoped that it was our presence keeping her nightmares at bay showing that deep down she still trusted us to love and care for her

We stayed lying together until the late hours of the morning when I decided it was time to start making breakfast for Bella. I carefully moved out from under her mindful as not to wake her and went downstairs thinking of what to make her, it wasn't until I made it to the kitchen that I realised we had very little food apart from some soup, without even hesitating I was in the car speeding towards Forks small supermarket.

Once inside I knew what I had to buy but not where to find it so I sped down the aisles scanning every shelf meticulously for the freshest produce. I must have been no more than half an hour using my enhanced scenes I was able to find all the food I needed quickly. As the young cashier was scanning my items she couldn't stop flirting with me, I had learnt to ignore this behaviour over the centuries but at that exact moment I was not in the mood to deal with her antics "That will be a hundred dollars today sir" money already in hand I left it on the counter before quickly leaving the shop.

The second I was back home I started on Bella's breakfast having heard no sign of her even sturing. Using my ancient speed I was able to make her breakfast in less than twenty minutes, eggs, bacon, toast, beans, freshly made hashbrowns and pancakes along with a cup of tea were all piled high on the tray, just as I heard Bella begin to stir. It wasn't until I got up the stairs at a human pace Esme started to wake Bella up "Bella sweetheart it's time to wake up Someone wants to see you" my sweat wife's whispered words reached my ears as I continued my way down the hall.

As I entered the bedroom, Esme was helping Bella sit up, it was only then that I realised just how detrimental our leaving was. Bella had always been skinny but it was clear in our absence she had lost several pounds her normally round cheeks had sunken in causing her cheekbones to unnaturally produce and her sunken eyes made her look like a skeleton. I tried to quickly recover from my shock before making my presence known "Good morning Bella. How are you feeling"

"Carlisle?"