xxiii.

I want to write a love poem. 

But you have no one to love. 

I want to write a love poem. 

Give it your best shot then. Go on. Try.  

Those poems that you read about in Greek. Those legends of the gods and the ones who fall in love with mortals of the earth. Who would create storms and cause tremors to the world for just a touch, just a taste of something different that they happened to glance down and see. 

I wonder what it must be like to be all powerful, to be such a force, and then look at your feet and realize you wish you could be below- you wish you could be brought to your knees. 

You have no power like that and there is no one for you to love. This is not a love poem. What are you writing? Do you even know? Do you even understand? 

I am a love poem, and I am the voice of power that rings out in the night. I am the one who looks down at the world and sees the desire of something that I can so easily obtain. I see the forbidden fruit and I see the mortal who is clueless in my gaze. 

He sees her now. She walks gracefully as they all do and they think to themselves how they are nothing, that they are not beautiful and really - does it really take something divine for these foolish humans to see that they can become immortal? 

They are written about in words. They are carved into stone. 

The world still reads about their love stories, and maybe its not a poem I want to create. 

Maybe it's a legend.