Diagonally And Lockhart The Fraud

Following breakfast, Seth approached Mrs. Weasley with a request. He asked if he could borrow a pinch of Floo powder to bid his final farewell to Queenie and Jacob, as they were about to return to America the next day. After receiving Mrs. Weasley's approval, he prepared himself. She handed him a small container of Floo Powder. Holding a handful of it, he confidently entered the fireplace and called out,

"The Scamander's Home!"

The powder slipped through his fingers, landing on the wooden floor, igniting a vibrant green blaze that engulfed him. In the blink of an eye, he found himself standing in his own home, facing his grandmother, who had came in the living room to investigate the unexpected arrival.

"Seth, my dear, you've returned." Tina said, moving toward Seth and enveloping him in a heartfelt hug.

"Yeah," He sighed, his voice tinged with sadness. "I just needed to say goodbye to Aunt Queenie and Uncle Jacob one last time, knowing it'll be a while before I see them again."

Tina affectionately caressed her grandson's cheek.

"I'll miss them too, Seth." Tina sighed, her eyes filled with sympathy. "But sadly, there's nothing we can change about it."

Just as Seth was about to respond, a voice called out.

"Tina, is everything all right?" Newt called out as he made his way towards the living room.

Upon entering the living room, his face lit up with a smile as he spotted Seth.

"Seth, my boy, you're back." Newt exclaimed joyfully as he approached Seth and enveloped him in a warm hug. "You know, I felt a tad sad when my grandson didn't bid farewell to his grandpa before leaving."

"I'm sorry, Grandpa. It all happened so suddenly. I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want to wake you guys up." Seth explained with a smile.

"It's okay, I was just teasing you, kiddo." He said with a warm smile. "Did you manage to get your Diagon Alley shopping list?"

"Yes, and we need to get a bunch of books for our Defense Against The Dark Arts class. They're all written by a single author." Seth explained.

"Allow me to make a guess," Newt remarked. "Gilderoy Lockhart."

"Yes exactly, how did you know grandfather?" Seth asked.

"Dumbledore informed me about him." Newt said. "But you should be aware, Seth, that this man is a complete fraud."

"How come, grandfather?"

Newt carefully began to divulge the shocking truth about Gilderoy Lockhart to Seth. He explained how Lockhart had shamelessly stolen the accomplishments of other wizards, erasing their memories in the process, all in his relentless pursuit of fame. Newt revealed that Dumbledore had tasked him with exposing Lockhart's deceitful actions.

After absorbing this unsettling revelation, Seth knew he had to say his goodbyes to Queenie and Jacob, who were preparing to return to America. With a deep sense of gratitude, he approached Queenie and expressed his heartfelt thanks for the invaluable Legilimency lessons she had given him over the past two weeks.

As Seth hugged his grandparents tightly, he assured them of his plan. He mentioned that he was headed to the Burrow and then to Diagon Alley, where they would reunite. Ready to depart, he stepped into the fireplace, clutching a handful of Floo Powder, and shouted:

"The Burrow!"

Seth had been absent for quite some time, causing Hermione to grow increasingly anxious. He had assured her that his absence would be brief, yet 30 minutes had passed. Meanwhile, the Weasleys and Harry were still in the process of preparing for their trip to Diagon Alley. Just as Hermione's concern for Seth was intensifying, the fireplace unexpectedly transformed into a vibrant shade of green, and Seth emerged from it. Hermione rushed toward him, enveloping him in a tight embrace, catching him completely off guard.