Hermione Granger's Anger And The Whisper In The Walls

A week had passed since the courtyard incident with Malfoy, and Seth was currently making his way towards Hagrid's hut. With his lessons done for the day, he intended to join Hagrid at the Black Lake to witness the kelpie Hagrid had been enthusiastically describing. As Seth approached the hut, he found Hagrid already waiting at the front, eager for their planned adventure.

"Hello, Hagrid." Seth greeted as he approached.

"Ello' there, Seth. Ready to meet a kelpie?" Hagrid replied, grabbing ointment and food for the creature.

"More than ever." Seth said with a smile.

As they began walking toward the Black Lake, Hagrid asked, "So, Seth, how much do you know about kelpies?"

"Well, I know that a kelpie is a shape-shifting water demon native to Britain and Ireland. They're able to take any form, but they usually appear as a horse with a bullrush mane. Legend has it that they lure unwary travelers onto their backs, then drag them underwater and feast on them, leaving their entrails to float to the surface. However, a kelpie can be rendered docile and harmless by using a Placement Charm to put a bridle over its head."

"That's quite the information you've got there, Seth. I reckon you'll make a fine friend for a kelpie." Hagrid said with a grin.

They soon arrived at the Black Lake. Hagrid attempted to coax the Kelpie out of the water so he could apply some ointment to a wound on its neck. However, the creature refused to emerge, no matter how hard Hagrid tried.

"That's a bit odd," Hagrid mumbled, continuing his efforts to lure the Kelpie out.

Seth suddenly got an idea.

"Hagrid, I can go into the water and bridle the Kelpie to bring him to you." Seth suddenly offered.

"Absolutely not! Yer could get yerself killed. I'll do it meself." Hagrid immediately declined Seth's offer.

"But Hagrid, I can bridle him. I know how to do a Placement Charm." Seth insisted.

"No, Seth. One wrong move and ye'll be in serious trouble-"

"Hagrid, please trust me. I swear I won't get hurt." Seth pleaded, his eyes earnest.

After a moment's hesitation, Hagrid relented with a groan.

"Fine, but be extremely careful. I could do it meself-"

"I promise I'll be careful." Seth interrupted, not wanting Hagrid to change his mind.

Seth then removed his jacket and took his wand as he made his way towards the water.

"Seth, please, be extra careful." Hagrid said, his voice tinged with worry as he watched the boy.

He knew Seth was determined, but dealing with a Kelpie wasn't child's play, especially for a twelve year old boy.

"Don't worry, Hagrid, I've got this." Seth said with a reassuring smile before leaping backward into the water.

The Kelpie soon emerged, a massive, spectral horse, swirling around Seth with dangerous intent. Without hesitation, Seth reached out, gripping the Kelpie's neck tightly and managing to scramble onto its back as it thrashed and dove beneath the surface. Hagrid watched anxiously, waiting for Seth to resurface.

WHOOSH!

Suddenly, Seth burst back out of the water, the Kelpie now bridled and docile, shaking its mane.

"Well done there, Seth! Well done!" Hagrid exclaimed, clapping his hands enthusiastically as he approached Seth and the bridled Kelpie. "Yer gonna be the world's most famous Magizoologist of all time, mark my words!" He added with a proud grin, applying ointment to the wound on the Kelpie's neck.