The Ravenclaw Girl And Lockharts Mess

The following morning during breakfast, Harry and Ron recounted the events of the previous night to Seth. They explained everything about the incident, and Seth became convinced that it must have been Dobby's doing. He firmly believed that if he had been with Ron and Harry at that moment, he wouldn't have been able to pass through the platform wall either.

But at this moment, Seth had no option but to rely on hope that Dobby wouldn't cause any further trouble for him or Harry, potentially leading to a catastrophe for both of them.

After Harry and Ron finished explaining everything, the quartet headed towards the greenhouse for their biology lesson. Along the way, Seth suddenly realized he had forgotten his book. He instructed the others to go ahead and that he would meet them there. Retrieving his book from his common room, Seth began making his way back to the greenhouse.

While navigating the halls, he accidentally collided with a girl. Seth quickly helped her up and gathered her books and supplies. As they both stood up, he recognized her from the sorting ceremony, where she was sorted into Ravenclaw. She had sporting waist-length dirty blonde hair, pale eyebrows, and striking blue-silvery grey eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see where I was going. Are you alright?" Seth blurted out, his heart racing with embarrassment.

"It's alright, I wasn't looking either," The girl replied with a smile.

Seth blinked, taken aback by her calm demeanor.

"I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood." She said softly, extending her hand towards him.

Seth smiled as he shook her hand.

"I'm Seth, Seth Scamander."

"I know," Luna replied with a serene smile. "You're the grandson of Newt Scamander, the famous author of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'."

"Yeah, that's me," Seth confirmed, a hint of surprise in his voice. Suddenly remembering his Herbology lesson, he glanced at Luna. "It was nice meeting you, Luna. Hopefully, we'll run into each other again."

"It was nice meeting you too, Seth. I'll see you around," Luna replied with a serene smile as she headed off to her class

-

"Good morning, everyone."

"Good morning, Professor Sprout." The students replied.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we're going to repot Mandrakes." Professor Sprout said. "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

Hermione and Seth both raised their hands eagerly, ready to answer the question.

"Yes, Miss Granger and Mr Scamander?"

"Mandrake, or Mandragora," Hermione began. "Is used to return those who have been Petrified to their original state."

"It's also quite dangerous." Seth continued. "The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent! Ten points to Gryffindor and Slytherin!" Professor Sprout exclaimed. "Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection, so if you could please put them on right away. Quickly!"

In the scramble to grab a pair of earmuffs that weren't pink and fluffy, Seth was a bit slow to react. As a result, he ended up with the unwanted pink and fluffy earmuffs that nobody else had chosen.

"When it is safe to remove them, I will give you the thumbs up." Professor Sprout said. "Right, earmuffs on."

Seth pressed his earmuffs firmly over his ears, determined to block out the voices of the Mandrakes. Once Hermione had her earmuffs on, she glanced at Seth and burst into laughter. With everyone else wearing their own earmuffs, her laughter went unnoticed. She then tapped Harry, Ron, and Orion on their shoulders. When they turned to look at Seth, they couldn't contain their laughter either. Seeing his friends laughing, Seth simply shrugged with a smile.