Moving On

The next morning. Thousands of people gathered on the island's shore. Everyone wore black and had veils hanging off their hats. The only ones who didn't wear a veil or hat were Tate, Felix, and the Supreme Five. Tate stood nearest to the ocean waters. Before him were hundreds of boats with coffins on them. The boats were all connected by ropes.

"........."

Tate looked at the boats in silence for a while before closing his eyes.

"May we meet again in the afterlife. I'll listen to your complaints there until the end of time."

He opened his eyes and faced the crowd.

"Today we're here not to mourn, but to celebrate the lives of the fallen! We're here to praise the brave heroes who fought to protect their loved ones and the island we call home!"

His voice reached every corner of the island.

"We wear these veils not because we're afraid to be seen crying, no! We wear them because these heroes only deserve to see our smiles! We muffle our sobs because they only deserve to hear our laughter! We will not stain their memories with sorrow! We will honor them and ensure they will always be associated with joy!"

He pulled a knife from his vest and faced the ocean.

"I swear before you, my fallen brethren, that your memories will be passed down from this generation to the next! Your flesh may have died by your soul will live forever in tales and songs!"

He used the knife to slit his palm and showed his bloodstained blade and bloodied hand.

"I swear upon my blood that I will make you legends!"

Felix and the Supreme Five also slit their palms and showed them to the boats. Soon everybody young and old did the same. A million droplets of blood hit the earth as they all made a blood oath in unity.

"Caria."

Tate stretched his hand out and Caria handed him a bow and arrow. He nocked the arrow and pulled the string. Luka brought a lit torched to the tip soaked in oil and lit it.

"With this arrow, I send you off on your next voyage!"

He released the arrow and hit a boat with oil inside. The flames engulfed the boat and spread to the oil-soaked ropes. The flames spread from boat to boat through the ropes until they were all engulfed.

"....I am sorry."

Tate mumbled as he brought his bow down.

"I really am."

His eyes became moist but that was it. No tears were shed in front of those who had fallen. It was not only him, Felix and the kids all held back the tears. Tate held his high and took a deep breath.

"Thank you for your service!"

He roared as he saluted.

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!"

The crowd echoed as they all saluted. The flames of the burning boats could be heard with occasional muffled sobs. The flames reflected in Tate's eyes. He didn't blink as if trying not to miss a single moment. He stood with a broad back. A back everyone would subconsciously look towards to prevent themselves from breaking down.

"I have to admit. That man is a great leader."

Hancock mumbled as she watched the funeral with Luffy and the Kuja by her side. They were on top of a building that overlooked the shore.

"I know that it was a sad event but he was so epic."

Luffy spoke with a smile.

"I'm sure nobody who died regrets giving their lives for such a person."