Duel

Tate led everyone to the other side of the island far away from the town. They arrived at a gravel beach that stretched for several kilometers.

"No one comes here, not even with ships, because of the Sea Kings that control the waters. So, there shouldn't be any problem fighting here."

Tate explained while looking at the four fighters. Luffy and Hancock had removed their disguises and were dressed in their normal clothing.

"Seeing you guys like this really makes it feel real who you are."

Caria spoke to Hancock.

"It kind of feels weird wearing dresses again and not having to tie down my chest...It's really liberating."

Hancock looked at Luffy who was at her side.

"You look the best like this, Luffy~."

She spoke with a sweet voice.

"Really? I think I looked cool blonde, but if you say so."

Not far from them, Astrid and Jessie were dressed in light cowboy attire. Jessie had twin revolvers on his waist while Astrid was topless. The two were stretching as they eyed their opponents.

"Alright, if both sides are ready, let's get started."

After Tate spoke everyone created distance between themselves and the fighters. Tate lifted an arm while Jessie was hopping in place as he eyed Luffy.

"Don't lose, Astrid."

"Of course."

Astrid locked eyes with Hancock.

"Hancock."

Luffy called out to Hancock with a huge grin on his face.

"Have fun."

Hancock glanced at him with a smile.

"Same to you."

Tate brought his hand down.

"Go!"

Luffy and Jessie moved in unison. They flew at each other clenching their fists. They punched out and their fists clashed. An explosive noise rang out. They grinned at each other. They leaped back and flew at each other again.

"Gum Gum Gatling!"

Luffy threw a barrage of punches. Jessie replied by doing the same.

"I'm the fastest person on this island."

His punches grew faster. Luffy's Gatling was clashing with double the punches.

"Heh."

Luffy grinned and increased the speed of his gatling. The two were clashing with high-speed punches. The two kicked out at the same time. Their kicks forced them apart. Jessie coated his fist in haki and vanished. Luffy leaped back. Jessie popped up punching where he was before.

"Jet Whip!"

Jessie jumped over the whip. Luffy popped up in front of him using Gear Second.

"Jet Pistol!"

Jessie moved like a paper in the wind and evaded the punch. He circled around Luffy's back and placed his hand on his revolver. Luffy backkicked him in his midsection before he could draw it. Luffy spun around swinging his leg.

"Jet Whip."

Jessie lifted his arms at his head. He was forced to the side after blocking the kick. He and Luffy grinned at each other. Meanwhile, Hancock and Astrid stared each other down.

(I want to check something...)

Hancock formed a heart with her hands.

"Mero Mero Beam!"

A beam of hearts rushed towards Astrid. He stood there as the hearts flowed over him. However, he didn't turn to stone.

"Snake Princess powers didn't work on him?!"

"Is he like Luffy?"

The Kuja were shocked Astrid was completely unaffected by Hancock's ability.

"Well, it's not surprising it wouldn't work. I would honestly be shocked if it did work."

Tate spoke with a smile. He and the rest of the Supreme Five were unfazed.

"Your ability turns people who feel Love, Lust, or Adoration towards you into stone, right?"

Astrid grinned.

"I feel none of those things for you. Why? Because I believe only in my own beauty."

"Astrid loves himself to an insane amount. In his eyes, everybody else is ugly and only he is beautiful."

Frantz wore a disgusted expression as he spoke.

"It's hubris of the highest level."

"I figured as much."

Hancock remained calm.

"You won't have an easy victory or any victory at all here."

Astrid kicked off the ground. He rushed at Hancock.

"It seems you're misunderstanding something here."

Hancock flew at him. He grinned and threw a punch. She slid underneath it and went behind him. He spun around and was hit with a kick to the face.

"I'm not strong because I'm beautiful."

Astrid was forced to the ground. He sprung up and ducked under a kick. He thrust his palm at her chest. Hancock bent her back and the palm strike passed over her. She swung her leg and kicked him in the chin. He stumbled back. She jumped and kicked him in his chest. He was blown back with his body bouncing off the gravel. Hancock watched as he lay on the ground.

"I am beautiful because I am strong."

"Hahahaha!"

Astrid burst out laughing.

"I see. I completely understand what you're saying!"

Astrid sprung to his feet with a beastly grin.

"I'm a fighter after all."

At the same time, Luffy and Jessie were having a high-speed battle. The two moved across the beach while throwing punches and kicks.

"Jet Rifle!"

Jessie crossed his arms in front of him and blocked the strike from Luffy. He hardened his fingers. Luffy threw another punch at him. He evaded it and flew at him.

"Finger Machine Gun!"

He thrust his fingers at Luffy's chest and throat. Luffy hardened his body with Haki to block. Sparks flew as the fingers hit him.

"Ugh!"

Luffy retreated with a groan.

"Jet Stomp!"

Jessie blocked his stomp but was forced back. Luffy popped up above him.

"Jet Axe!"

Jessie vanished and the attack hit the earth. Jessie popped up beside him and swung his leg. A slash flew at Luffy. He evaded it while swinging his arms back.

"Eagle Bazooka!"

Jessie blocked it but he was blown back by the force. He spun in the air and kicked. He flew back at Luffy like a bullet. He thrust his finger while spinning like a drill.

"Flying Finger Gun!"

"Red Hawk!"

Luffy replied with an attack of his own. Fist clashed with finger causing an explosion.

Meanwhile, Astrid and Hancock were going at it.

"3000 Brick Fist!"

"Perfume Femur!"

Shockwaves spread out as Hancock's foot clashed with Astrid's fist. The two were forced apart. Astrid chased Hancock. He thrust his palm out

"Tidal Thrust!"

"?!"

Hancock felt her body being forced away despite not being touched. She was propelled back with her organs rattling.

(I see. He's attacking me using the water in my body. Typical Fishman Karate.)

She dug her feet into the ground. Astrid popped up in front of her. He thrust his fist in front of him.

"Impact Burst!"

*BAM*

Something erupted in Hancock's body.

"Cough!"

She coughed up water as she was blown back.

"Hahahaha!"

Astrid laughed as he chased after her. She twisted her body in the air and landed in a sprinter pose. She blasted off the ground causing gravel to fly. Astrid was hit with a stomp in the stomach.

"Perfume Femur Magna!"

Astrid was blasted away by an overwhelming force. He flew through the air and shot past the spectators. He crashed into the earth bouncing off the gravel. He stabilized himself by punching the ground, creating a counterforce to stop himself. He looked at Hancock who was glaring daggers. His grin grew wider.

"Astrid instincts as a Fighting Fish is taking over."

Tate mumbled. Astrid stood up and started sprinting. His speed increased every second. He flew past the spectators and leaped at Hancock. He threw several high-speed kicks and fired air slashes at Hancock. She evaded them with smooth footwork while moving towards him. He thrust his palm at her head. She ducked underneath it and hit him with a roundhouse. He grabbed her leg and lifted her overhead.

"Pistol Kiss!"

She shot him in the face with a heart bullet. He let go of her. She jumped and hit him with a drop kick. He stumbled back and swung his hand.

"Water Shot!"

Water bullets flew at Hancock. She leaped back to evade them. Astrid flew at her again.

"4000 Brick Fist!"

Hancock blocked it with her leg. The force flowed through her leg and hit her organs. She gritted her teeth and grabbed his arm. She pulled him towards her and slammed her knee in his face. She then lifted her leg and slammed her heel on top of his head. He was forced to the ground. She aimed a stomp at his head.

"Raging Current!"

He thrust a palm and a blast of water hit her. She flew back as if shot by a shotgun. She groaned as she hit the ground. Astrid sprung to his feet with blood flowing out of his nose and mouth.

"I'm getting annoyed by this."

Hancock sat up and said.

"Really? I'm having the time of my life."

Astrid laughed.

Elsewhere, Luffy and Jessie were still duking it out. Luffy ducked under a Finger Gun and hit Jessie with an uppercut. Jessie kicked him across the face and Luffy stumbled back. Jessie pulled his revolvers and fired at Luffy who evaded the shots. He flew at Jessie with his arm growing.

"Elephant Gun!"

Jessie evaded the giant punch that shook the beach. He floated in the air using wings. Luffy looked up at him with amazement.

"Huh? He has a Devil Fruit?"

"That's right!"

Jessie dove down faster than before.

"Hawk Gatling!"

Luffy attacked with a barrage of flaming punches. Jessie maneuvered through the onslaught of punches with swift movements.

"A hummingbird is not only incredibly fast, but it's the only bird that can hoover and fly backward. This gives Jessie incredible mobility in the air. He's a pain to fight."

Caria mumbled. Jessie reached Luffy, who punched at him. Jessie swiftly evaded the punch and stomped Luffy in the chest. Luffy stumbled back. Jessie flew at him again. Luffy backtracked while firing a barrage of punches. Jessie flew up and dove at him. He got rid of his wings and aimed his revolvers at Luffy. He fired and Luffy crossed his arms overhead. He hardened them with Haki to block. Jessie landed on the ground and aimed a sweeping kick at his legs. Luffy jumped over it.

"?!"

He looked down and saw Jessie pointing a gun at him mid-jump. He fired. Luffy's head flew back. He landed on his back and rolled away. He stood up and spat out the bullet he caught with his teeth. Jessie's eyes lit up when he saw that.

"Sick!"

He summoned his wings again and flew at Luffy. Luffy jumped into the air. Jessie followed him and fully transformed into a hummingbird. He blackened and rammed into Luffy with his beak. Luffy blocked with his arms but was carried up into the air.

"Hawk Whip!"

He kicked Jessie towards the earth. Jessie caught himself and flew back at the falling Luffy. He hardened his beak again. Luffy started spinning as he was falling.

"Jet Mace!"

He slammed his feet on Jessie's head. Jessie crashed into the gravel below.

"Hawk Stomp Gatling!"

Luffy started stomping on Jessie from the sky. The beach shook under the power of his attacks.

"?!"

He stopped and evaded a shot to the head. He blinked and a bloody Jessie appeared in front of him. He fired two shots at Luffy. He evaded them but was hit by a spinning kick to the temple. Luffy was sent flying towards the ground. He spun in the air and landed on his feet.

"Hahaha! This is it! This is the fight I was expecting from you, Strawhat Luffy!"

Jessie gleefully hovered in the air.

"Man, I thought I was going to die back there, but my quick thinking came through."

He laughed and looked at Luffy who was also grinning.

"How about it? Should bring this battle to another level?"

At the same time, Hancock was looking at an eccentric Astrid.

"You're having the time of your life?"

She recalled Luffy's words earlier and smiled as she repeated them.

"Have fun."

She started to chuckle. At the same time, Luffy-

"Another level huh? There was a technique I wanted to try out before I reached the New World. It's something I created for enemies like you who I'll need overwhelming speed to defeat."

"Since Luffy wants me to have fun, I'll do as he says. After all, you can't be having all the fun."

Hancock turned her gaze to the Kuja watching.

"My apologies for my future unsightliness."

Hancock wore a smile that sent chills down the spectator's spines. She faced Astrid and placed both hands over her mouth. At the same time, Luffy placed his forearm at his mouth. The two spoke in unison.

"Gear Fourth!"

"Awakening!"