Goodbye For Now

The celebrations went on until the evening. After partying as hard as they could, it was now time for everyone to rest their bodies, and for them to calm their minds and hearts. Many of the citizens chose to group together and sit in silence enjoying each other's company. Others talked with people to distract themselves. Others chose to sneak away to cry by themselves or with their loved ones. Either way, the day was coming to an end, and they were facing the reality that their lives would never be the same again.

Another thing that was coming to an end was the Kuja's stay on the island.

"If you look at the map, Bounty Island is here on the Calm Belt."

Frantz laid out a map on a table and showed Elder Nyon and the other Kuja.

"We're pretty far from Amazon Lily. That's great, we didn't backtrack when the ship was thrown."

Elder Nyon breathed a sigh of relief.

"It should take you a week or so to reach Sabody Archipelago. Is that alright with you?"

"We will be late, but I don't think it will be a problem though. The crew can't take sail without the captain."

"I guess so."

(Should I tell them about the rumours the Government is planning on ambushing Luffy's crew at Sabody?)

Frantz wondered for a bit before shaking his head.

(Nah, they'll be fine. The Government is targeting the fake Strawhats who are gathering pirates to enter the New World. Those Fake Strawhats can be used as a distraction for Luffy and his crew to enter peacefully.)

He nodded.

"It should be fine as long as they don't draw unnecessary attention to themselves."

"What was that?"

"No, it's nothing."

Frantz looked at the Kuja Pirates loading crates onto the ship.

"Will those supplies be enough?"

Elder Nyon nodded.

"It should suffice until we reach Sabody. We just need to ban the Snake Princess from feeding Luffy too much and we'll live."

"Speaking of Hancock...."

Frantz looked around a bit.

"Where is she?"

Elder Nyon shook her head.

"Once she came to her senses she ran away. That Caria girl is with her, so I think she'll be fine."

"I see."

Frantz let out an awkward laugh.

Elsewhere, Hancock was curled up in a ball in a random alley.

"Come on, Hancock. It wasn't that bad."

Caria was standing in front of her wearing an awkward smile.

"Not so bad?"

Hancock sprung to her feet and grabbed Caria's shoulders. Her face was smeared with tears.

"I acted like a starved animal! I didn't care about anything else other than pleasure! I was planning to tear his clothes off then and there~!"

She broke down and fell to her knees.

"I'm nothing but a pervert~!"

She curled up in a ball again. Caria looked at her crying and sighed. She stooped down and gently rubbed Hancock's back.

"I'm sure Luffy liked it."

"There's no way he would..."

"Really? Wasn't he caressing your head when you kissed him?"

Hancock stopped crying and looked up at her.

"He did."

Caria started grinning.

"Then that means he likes kissing you, a lot."

"Really?"

Hancock sat up and Caria nodded.

"I'm certain. So, you should be happy instead of crying."

Caria helped Hancock to her feet. She patted her shoulder.

"You did it, Hancock. Monkey D Luffy is in love with you."

"............Huh?"

Caria nodded at Hancock's blank expression.

"Huh? Wait...Huh?"

Caria nodded again.

"He loves me?"

"Very much."

Hancock looked at Caria for nearly a minute before her face reddened like a tomato. She held her face and turned away from Caria.

(How cute!)

Caria smiled and hugged Hancock from behind.

"I'm going to miss seeing your reactions, Hancock."

She released her and Hancock turned around. Caria wore a bright smile that illuminated the dim alley.

"Good luck with Luffy, Hancock. I pray you guys get married and have a ton of children."

"........."

Hancock silently looked at Caria for a bit.

"Why does this feel like a final goodbye?"

She grabbed Caria.

"You're going to live a long life, find love, and build a family of your own."

Caria could feel Hancock's grip tightened on her shoulders.

"Please promise me you will try to live, Caria."

Hancock's voice was soft and shaky. Caria looked at her for a while before tearfully nodding her head.

"I promise."

Hancock silently pulled her in and the two shared a hug.

At the same time, Luffy was facing Jessie and Astrid in an open field. The three of them were breathing heavily and covered in sweat.

"How was that?"

Luffy asked. Jessie nodded his head.

"Thanks for the spar. With this, I know the gap between us."

"Thanks."

Astrid sat on the ground after thanking Luffy.

"Ow, my wounds are aching."

He groaned.

"Luffy, I will get stronger, we will get stronger. So, the next time something threatens our home we can protect it on our own."

Luffy grinned at Jessie's declaration.

"I'm looking forward to the day we meet again."

Luffy walked up to Jessie and Astrid, who stood back up. He fist-bumped the two.

"Let's fight again once I'm Pirate King."

"Of course. We'll throw a huge party together."

"By then, my face will heal and I'll show Hancock who's more beautiful."

The three burst out laughing.

Near sundown, the Kuja Ship, the Perfume Yuda, was ready to set sail. A huge crowd gathered to bid it farewell. The crowd was headed by Frantz and Felix as the new Mayor and Sheriff.

"Thank you again for everything you've done."

Frantz shook Luffy and Hancock's hands.

"We will never forget this debt."

"Don't worry about it."

"We only did what we wanted."

Luffy and Hancock replied casually. Jessie shook Luffy's hand again.

"Farewell, Pirate King."

"Until we meet again, History's Greatest Bounty Hunter."

Caria approached Hancock.

"Hancock, a parting gift."

She handed Hancock a butterfly hairpin. Hancock looked at it and took it.

"I'm just holding on to this. I'll hand it back to you when we meet again in the future."

Caria smiled.

"That was my intention."

Hancock smiled back at her. Shortly after, everyone boarded the Perfume Yuda.

"See you all again in the future!"

Luffy waved as the ship started to leave the docks.

"Don't let anybody else claim your bounty in the New World!"

Jessie shouted back.

"Hancock, invite me to your wedding in the future!"

Caria shouted.

"I will!"

Hancock waved Caria goodbye.

"Oh, tell Luka we'll meet again!"

Luffy shouted. Jessie's eyes lit up.

"I will when he wakes up!"

"Bye bye!"

That was the last thing those on the island heard before the ship disappeared beyond the haze.

"There they go."

Jessie mumbled. He stretched his body with a groan.

"Well, I guess it's time to get back to work. Right, Mayor?"

Frantz nodded.

"Yeah, let's..."

Frantz's words trailed off. He looked at Jessie whose eyes were widened. The same for Caria and Astrid. They started running. After running for a while, they reached the centre of the town. There they saw Connor and Kelly. They were watching someone clear away debris in silence.

"We tried to stop him."

Connor said to Jessie and others when they saw them. Jessie and the others looked at Luka with teary eyes. He turned and faced them.

"Yo."

"Luka!"

They leapt on top of him while shedding tears. Luka lay on the ground as they called his name over and over again.

"...Sorry for everything."

He rubbed their heads while fighting back his own tears.

"I promise I'll work hard to atone for everything, I promise."

"Don't worry, we'll help you. You're not alone."

Jessie said with a smile.

"We'll be together forever!"

With this, we bid farewell to Bounty Island and move towards the New World.