Part One

A/N: Hey guys! I had a new idea for a ROTS AU fanfiction and here it is! I am doing this is parts (ie: Part One, Part Two) not chapters cause I don't exactly know how long it will be. I don't know if it will be a short story, or a bunch of chapters, I just have to see how long it takes to gte the story out there. But, mind you, it will likely be a shorter story cause the plot will move fast as it did is ROTS. Alright... here we go...

"How do you know the ways of the force?"

"My mentor taught me everything about the force... even the nature of the dark side."

"You know the dark side?!?"

"Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi. Anakin. They fear you. In time they will destroy you. Let me train you."

"I won't be a pawn in your political game. The Jedi are my family."

"Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the force, Anakin, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death."

"What did you say?"

"Use my knowledge, I beg you..."

"You're a Sith Lord!" Blue light fills the room.

"I know what has been troubling you... listen to me-"

~~~

"You're lying!" Anakin snarled, hand still firmly locked on his lightsaber. Palpatine gave a dark, throaty laugh and began to pace in the office chamber. His footfalls were relatively silent against the lush carpet, but that did not take away the intimidation that Palpatine's presence naturally had. Anakin's eyes followed him, a predator to his prey. The anger inside of his blood was beginning to build up to dangerous levels, betrayal and deception from one of his closest friends. It was sickening, wounding. He found it hard to believe that somehow, somehow, he was not able to sense the aura of power radiating off of him. The darkness, it was intoxicating...

Anakin could feel it closing in on him, the newfound electricity pulsating through his veins to his palpating heart. Palpatine stopped pacing abruptly and looked and Anakin with clear concern. Anakin couldn't help wonder whether that was all a lie as well.

"Why would I lie to you, Anakin?" He paused. "Don't you know how you were born?" Slow. Menacing. Voice rough and gravelly yet stained with malice. "

W-what are you talking about?" Anakin asked cautiously, his eyes narrowing. Palpatine gave him a wicked grin that was somehow laced with pity. It became harder for him to breathe.

"You were born without a father, were you not, Anakin?" To Anakin, it seemed more like a statement than a question. He nodded slowly, ignoring the buzzing question pricking every aspect of this brain.

"How did he know?"

Palpatine took a few steps closer to Anakin and placed his hands on Anakin's broad shoulders. He did not flinch.

"Anakin, I told you about Darth Plagueis the wise and his apprentice," Palpatine began, enunciating every word.

"Well, as you may have inferred, Darth Plagueis was my master. He taught me everything he knew, and together, we were the most powerful beings in the universe. Even more powerful than - the Jedi." He noticed Anakin tense.

"However, my master, he was never satisfied. He always wanted more." Palpatine paused and looked away, as if he was reminiscing the old days he had with his master.