Epilogue

THREE YEARS LATER

"Luke! Leia!" Padmé's silvery voice called out in the misty Naboo air. The scent of flowers fluttered through the breeze as Padmé sighed deeply, content filling her heart. Anakin's strong arms were wrapped loosely around her waist, holding her close to his heart. She leaned into him, the sense of safeness caressing her.

"Here they come." Anakin whispered with a smile at the sound of small footsteps grew closer. Padmé grinned at his comment.

"I am shocked Obi-Wan hasn't tried to snatch them up to start training yet." Anakin huffed.

"I told him they need to be at least five." He remarked with a slight amusement in his voice.

A young girl then appeared, her blonde curls bouncing as she ran over to her father. She hugged his legs and stared up at him with piercing blue eyes.

"Daddy!" She squealed and Anakin chuckled. He untangled himself from his wife and stooped down to pick up his daughter, Leia. Padmé smiled, glad that Leia had so far turned out to be a "daddy's girl".

Not far behind, a small boy scurried outside. When he saw his mother, his chocolate colored eyes lit up.

"Mommy!" The boy, Luke, cheered and Padmé scooped Luke up with a smile.

"Hey Luke!" She greeted and kissed his face. He giggled and Anakin couldn't help but laugh too.

"Daddy?" Leia called, tugging on his locks of hair. "How-how old are Lukey and me again?"

Anakin was in awe of her progressive speech. Obi-Wan was right, once they start, they won't stop.

"You both are two, sweetheart." He told her and she nodded.

"I a big girl!" Leia chimed and Luke frowned.

"Me too! I a big boy!" He said.

"You both are getting so big." Padmé intervened with the diplomatic air she always carried.

"Mistress Padmé!" A tinny voice called from behind. The Skywalker family turned around to see C-3PO waddling forward purposefully.

"Oh, mistress, I was looking for the children. It is time for their nap, is it okay if I put them to bed?" The droid asked.

"No!" Luke and Leia moaned but Padmé shook her head.

"Sorry, sweethearts, but you need to rest up." She set Luke down as Anakin followed suit.

"Your mother is right, go with C-3PO." He told them, Leia scowled but nodded as Luke frowned.

"Okay." They muttered dejectedly and walked off with C-3PO inside the home.

When they were gone, Anakin once again pulled Padmé close to him.

"You know, they would have been three today." Anakin whispered, Padmé sighed.

"I know." She answered, thinking back to the day when her first children died.

"I am glad we decide to try again though. I never would have thought that we would have after... you know." Anakin murmured.

"I agree. After a few months, I just- I just needed to try. Who would've thought that we would have twins again?" She stated with a sad, breathy laugh.

"Twins and both genders as well. It must have been the will of the force."

"It must have."

A comfortable silence fell between them, just holding each other, feeling the air around them. Padmé's gaze combed through the landscape around them, they landed on the new Jedi Temple in the distance.

"Aren't you suppose to be at the Temple today?" She asked, rubbing her thumb back and forth on his hand.

"No, Grand Masters Yoda and Atlis gave me today off since..." He didn't finish, they both knew.

"Oh, I am glad they did then."

"Me too. I am just so much happier with the New Jedi Order than I ever was with the old one." Anakin mentioned with a grin.

"I know you are," Padmé said, a twinkle in her eye, "Love wasn't allowed, marriage wasn't allowed, possession wasn't allowed. I am so glad the Altisian Jedi merged with the remaining Jedi, Atlis really changed things... for the better."

"He really did." Anakin agreed. Padmé abruptly broke away from him and turned around to look deep into his eyes.

"I-I am glad you did, too." She murmured, smiling slightly. Anakin beamed and closed the gap between them yet again. He crashed his lips into hers, savoring the light that radiated from her force signature. Padmé kissed him back with the same gusto, grateful that Anakin stayed as the wonderful man she loved.

After breaking away, Anakin lowered his eyes in humility.

"I don't think it was all me, you changed me too."

"It was the will of the force." She quipped back, with a grin. "And you fulfilled it."

OH MY GOSH. I AM DONE. I AM FREAKING DONE. *screams* It is almost 11 o'clock as I am writing this but I am freaking done. Wow.

Okay, first off, before I explain myself, THANK YOU! YES, YOU! YEAH YOU! Thank you for reading this, I can't thank you enough for that.

Now...

I know I ended this in a way that wasn't... conventional. So let me clear some things up.

So, yes, the "original" Luke and Leia died. Yes, I know, I know. But hear me out as to why I did this.

Now, I am TOTALLY AGAINST killing off main characters, I hate that a lot. However, with this, I felt that it was necessary for my story to be different, unique and get that angst-y, OMG feel. It was a plot twist right? You didn't expect that to happen right? Exactly. Basically, any ROTS AU you read normally has Anakin turn back from being bad, Padmé living and the twins healthy... and an Obi-Wan somewhere in there to.

And I didn't want mine to be like that. It was too cliché, too normal, and not the most realistic ending for something in the story line. Now, don't get me wrong, I love stories like that, but I wanted mine to be different. So, I had two options that I mulled in my head and decided that I would go with the killing off OG Luke and Leia option. However, I am happy with my decision and if you don't like it, I am sorry. I just think it really made the story more heartbreaking, deep, moving, unique, etc.

Okay, so now, Padmé and Anakin later have another set of twins that are also named Luke and Leia. THEY ARE NOT GENDERBENT. I just switched the physical traits of the OG Luke and Leia and gave it to the opposite sibling.

So, if I didn't make myself clear in the epilogue, Master Atlis and his Altisian Jedi basically merged with the old Jedi order to make the new one. It has now a lot of Altisian Jedi philosophy; love, marriage, etc. is all now allowed. He and Master Yoda are now the grand masters and the Jedi Temple is now on a more serene planet, Naboo.

Annnnd Ahsoka. You may be like "She was in this for like 2 chapters, where the heck did she go?" Well, Ahsoka was important for moving the plot along and helping Padmé but her future and her life in this wasn't the most important. She was just an instrument used to further the plot line. Like... a cameo.

And I am done! Almost...

So, I am going to now be working on my DC Oneshots and What Lies Beneath for a little bit before I jump back into the Star Wars universe. I mean, I put off all my other works so I could focus on this one so I am going to go back to those for a while. Yes, I do have an idea for a new Star Wars story that I am likely going to write. I just have to figure out the plot crap but I can tell you it will a MAJOR AU, not a ROTS AU like I normally write.

Alrighty... that is it. I can't believe I am done with this! Thank you all so much and thanks all the support. LOVE YA! #mtfbwy