Part Four

"Harness that anger, that hate, let it flow through you. Let it become one with you. Yes, good... good... Don't release it. Don't ever release it..."

Palpatine's soothing voice pirouetted around the scarlet room overlooking Coruscant. Anakin sat in the Chancellor's chair, breathing in and out... in and out... Hate consumed his thoughts. Hate for himself, hate for the Jedi restrictions, hate for the war, hate for his dreams, hate for Coruscant- no hate for the galaxy. Hate for everything. His blood had a metal edge, rough, scraping his insides away until he was just a poor soul. A poor, hateful soul.

Anakin's eyes flew open, the electric blue now rimmed with a gold. Palpatine smirked at the unnatural color. He knew that his plan was working, his plan that had been decade in the making was finally bearing its fruits. The dark side was permeating through his pupil and the soon-to-be-Emperor couldn't be happier to finally have a worthy apprentice.

Anakin groaned and his face twisted into an expression of agony.

"It hurts." He moaned, closing his eyes once again and cringing at the pain ricocheting in his bones.

"I know, my boy, I know." Palpatine comforted, patting a hand on the young man's shoulder. "Just think of Padmé and how much pain you will be saving her."

"We will be saving her. I need your knowledge." Anakin replied back with a grunt. His teeth gritted against each other in his overall bodily stress.

"Of course... of course." The older man reassured and commanded the dark side that he inserted into Anakin to be slowly released. As Anakin fell back into the chair, breathing labored, Palpatine chose a little bit of the dark side that he inserted to stay inside of Anakin. He was slowly conditioning the boy little by little to the full power of the dark side. Due to the fact that Anakin was influenced by the Jedi for the better part of his life, Palpatine knew he wouldn't be able to handle the full unlocked dark side that Sith's used. No, only a little dosages were allowed or else Anakin would likely die at the sudden change in exposure. He had worked to long and hard for his new apprentice to go to waste so quickly.

"It's-It's getting better." Anakin stuttered as he leaned back into the now sweaty leather chair.

"Excellent. That means that you are getting more used to the dark side inside of you, it is taking root." Palpatine told him, nodding in approval.

"Anakin. You are light. Don't do this. The Jedi are your family. Don't betray them. Don't destroy me-"

Anakin squashed that bit of light left inside his mind. The voice disappeared. However, deep down, he hoped it wasn't gone forever. Shaking his head, the young man stood up and strode over to his master, who was staring out the window at the Coruscanti night sky.

"My empire..."

"Master," Anakin began as he stood beside Palpatine, his hands clasped behind his back. "Why can't we just reveal ourselves to the Senate, the galaxy and let your Empire begin. The sooner your empire comes to fruition, the faster peace will be brought to the galaxy."

The Sith Lord chuckled and placed a hand on Anakin's shoulder.

"As much as I would like for that to happen right now, my boy, there are some things that must take place before hand."

"Like what?" Anakin questioned, eyeing oddly. His face was grim as Palpatine gave him a sadistic smile.

"Well, as there are to all good things, they are opposers. The Jedi are one of them, they will have to be... eliminated in order for my empire to come into full fruition. As you know by now, they are already suspect me-"