Part Fifteen

"PADMÉ!" Anakin screamed in anguish and ran over to her; blood slowly trickling out of the corner of her mouth. The crimson saber sheathed itself and she collapsed onto the floor.

"Oh my gosh, Padmé." Anakin murmured, tears clouding his vision as he turned her body over to face her glassy brown eyes. A cough grabbed the Jedi's attention and he looked over to see Sidious straining to breathe.

"Now," He rasped, eyes wide open. "Now, all that you have lived for... is gone..."

Drawing his last breath, Sidious actually smiled and exhaled. Anakin could feel his force presence leave his body and knew that his former master was finally dead.

"But at what cost?" He thought drearily and he turned his head back to Padmé. He ripped off his tunic and placed pressure onto her wounded abdomen, blood pouring out. Her breathing was labored but she blinked her eyes, gazing up at Anakin.

"Oh, Padmé." He whispered, brushing away clinging hairs from her sweaty face. She grimaced and moaned. "I am so, so sorry." Tears trickled down his cheek and splattered on her forehead, warm and soft.

"Ani-"

"Save your breath, Padmé. Please. I am going to get you medical attention right away, just please hold on."

Pulling out his comlink, Anakin pressed the button and waited impatiently for an answer.

"Anakin! Are you okay, I can't find Pad-" Obi-Wan.

"Obi-Wan, I need you to listen. Sidious is dead but Padmé is injured severely. She followed me, just please get medical help and get to the Chancellor's Office as fast as you can. Please Obi-Wan, hurry." Anakin explained hastily while still trying not to break down in sobs.

"Okay, Anakin. I am going to get help right now and meet you as soon as possible." Obi-Wan said and cut the connection. Anakin sighed and laid down his comlink, holding in one hand Padmé's cold fingers while flipping his tunic compress with the other.

"You're going to be okay, Padmé. I promise you, you and the baby-"

"Ani-"

"Padmé, please don't-"

"Anakin!" She croaked louder, silencing Anakin's pleas. She pointed downward and Anakin followed her finger until he saw wetness.

"Is that... water?" He asked, examining it more closely.

Padmé nodded and breathed out harshly.

"But why would there be water-?" Anakin inquired, before his head snapped back to his wife.

"Oh. Force." He whispered and realized his wife was going into labor. Panic arose in his chest as she began to inhaled harder, wincing at the pain all over her body.

Anakin Skywalker, known throughout the galaxy as The Hero with No Fear, actually had one general thing that scared him. Pregnancy. With no knowledge of the biology of a pregnant woman, Anakin had no idea how to help out his wife. During this time, he really wished he had paid more attention during a healing course at the Temple.

"Padmé, uh, just calm down. Obi-Wan is on the way with help. Just... just stay with me." He tried to reassure, hoping that his voice wasn't wavering.

Padmé reached up a hand and grasped her husband's locks of hair with the little strength she had. She gazed up into his eyes, hers watery and blurred.

"Ani- please. Please promise me... promise me you'll- you'll be okay..." Padmé murmured, contractions storming her stomach area.

"No, Padmé... don't talk like that..." The Jedi said, moving her hand from his hair to his lips. He kissed the back of her hand softly, salted tears warming it.