15. maturity

Y/N POV:

"That's it for today guys, have a great rest of your day!" We get sent off.

It's been 6 months since I've left. I've been visiting a  community center since then. 

I never thought I could release so much emotion before in front of people I've never even met, and yet here we are. 

I've progressed as an individual since then. I've learned to accept my past and focus on both my present and future.

At the end of the day, this is just who I am, the past may have happened, but that doesn't determine the person I am today, that's what these people have taught me. Although the past may have ruined the possibility of doing the things I want, the most I can do is work with what I have and prioritize my health and well being.

I'm heading to the nearby store, I want a Chupa Chup. Just as I arrive, I hear some noises behind the store.

"P-Please leave me alone... I'm sorry" 

"You still haven't given me your belongings" The men laugh at the man they're tormenting.

I couldn't help but feel the need to help, something about this makes me feel terrible.

"Hey, leave him alone" I walk over and stand in front of the man who was being hurt.

"And what if we don't?" One of the men push my forehead with their finger.

"Huh... You're a tough one eh?" They attempt to throw a punch, but I dodged it.

"Instead of robbing people of their stuff, how about working for it yourself" I sidekick his chin, knocking him out.

Just that one move caused the others to run, they didn't want to deal with that.

"Hey, I'm sorry you went through that." I offer my hand to help the man up.

"T-Thank you sir... I don't think I would be alive if it weren't for you."

"Of course, I'm glad you're okay now" I smile. As I attempt to walk away, he grabs my arm.

"W-Wait" He reaches in his pocket and gives me a business card.

"When you're free, give me a call." He smiles widely and walks away, I wave.

"HYBE?" I read the business card. I think I've heard of HYBE before, some sort of company regarding Kpop? 

I put it in my pocket and head inside the store. I grab a watermelon Chupa Chup and pay for it.

"Thanks for your purchase, come again!"

I smile and walk out as I put the Chupa Chup in my mouth. 

HYBE... I get really curious, I decide to head home and give them a call.

I arrive home, it's just a small place that doesn't cost a lot, but I find it very comfy. I lay down on my bed and stare at the business card.

I input the number in my phone and give them a call.

RING RING RING

"Hello! I assume you're the kid that saved the old man." Oh? I guess they were expecting me.

"Ah yes I am, he didn't look that old haha"

"Oh trust me, he may not be old but it feels like he's a grandpa. He's one of our executives! We wanted to organize a meeting with you if that's okay" what?

"A meeting? Regarding what?"

"We have a position that we wanted to discuss about. I think it'd be best to reveal it once we meet in person."

"O-Okay... I'm pretty much free everyday so any day is fine with me."

"Perfect! Is tomorrow too soon?"

"Not at all."

"Great! Just head to the address stated on the card you have around 2pm."

"Okay, thank you!"

"Mhm! Bye bye" They hang up

A position for me? What possibly could be fit for me? A bodyguard clearly didn't go so well before...

I think I'm just overthinking it, I'll just go to the meeting tomorrow.