18. reconcile

Y/N POV:

It's the end of the day, I just finished moving everything in.

"Boop" I feel a small poke on my cheek. I turn around to see a cute face.

"Hi Haerin" I pull her into a hug, she makes happy noises as a response.

"How's practice?" I ask her

"I wanna sleep for a good 2 days" relatable

"Wanna go out for a bit? I wanna get a snack"

"Yeah sure" She lets go and grabs my sweater.

"But that's mine" she ignores me, leaves the dorm and waits outside

okay.

I grab an extra sweater and head out with her.

I'd usually hate if a 1 on 1 walk was quiet, but in this case it was pretty comfy. Just then, Haerin breaks the silence.

"How have you been Y/N" That question threw me off, we're hanging out as if nothing happened before.

"I've worked on myself a good bit, I'm actually happy with myself now. How about you? I've noticed you've done a lot since I've left" I smile, I'm incredibly proud with what she has accomplished in the 7 months of my absence. How can one already be on the path to debuting so fast?

"The girls wanted to sign up for an upcoming dance competition for our school. I had doubts we'd get any far, but our company really liked us as a group and recruited us." 

"I didn't know you were a dancer"

"I use to dance all the time when I was younger! I think I'm just lazy now."

"you think?"

"shut up!" We arrive at the convenience store.

"Oh Haerin look" I hold an avocado ice cream bar

"YEAH" she instantly grabs it, I'm glad her love for avocados haven't faded away

"Wanna get some ice cream for the girls as well?" I ask

"Yeah let's get mint choco for Minji" We grab 4 other ice cream bars and head to the cashier.

"You don't want an ice cream?" Just as she asks, I grab a Chupa Chup that's by the cashier.

"It's okay I got this."

"You haven't changed one bit Y/N"

"That's what you think" I chuckle

Just as we head out and make our way back to the dorms, Haerin grabs my hand.

"Are you sure you're okay Y/N? With everything that happened?" Another thing I've noticed of Haerin, she shows her emotions and concerns a lot more. I rub her hand with my thumb.

"Mhm. Yes I don't think that stuff should've happened, but I shouldn't stay mad at the things that I can't change. The past is the past and I should move on." She stops walking and smiles.

"Y/N"

"Hm?"

"Do you still love me" I don't think I've ever seen Haerin look this serious before. I grab her chin and move closer.

"I want you to answer that question" She smiles at that response

"Is that so?" She smirks

"Mhm" Just as we slowly move in.

"Yo what?" we instantly part away, way to ruin the moment Hanni.

"H-Hanni! What are you doing out!" Haerin nervously scratches the back of her head.

"I just thought I'd get some fresh air" She responds

"You guys weren't doing anything funny right?" She follows up

"No" We both reply in unison

"Really?" She smirks

"Not at all." 

"Okay, by the way what's in the bag?" She asks out of curiosity.  

"Ice cream, we got one for each of you guys" Haerin says

"Sick!" She takes the bag out of my hands. Haerin laughs, we follow Hanni in their dorm.

"The lovebirds got us ice cream!" Hanni yells out, Haerin blushes afterwards.

"Please don't tell me the one mint choco ice cream is for-" Minji gets cut off by Haerin

"Yeah it's for you" 

"Fuck you" She takes it and eats it madly

"You may as well tell me to brush my teeth" Minji scoffs while everyone laughs.

"You can have some of my chocolate ice cream" Hanni cuddles into Minji, Minji calms down

"You guys are lucky Hanni exists" She kisses the top of Hanni's head

"You guys are gross" Danielle gags, Hyein joins her

Was I expecting to meet these girls again, let alone be their manager? No, not at all, but I'm happy for this opportunity. I don't think I could've asked for more. I noticed it's getting a bit late, I get up.

"I'll be leaving now guys, let me know if you need anything" The girls wave while Haerin stands up as well.

"I'll walk you" Haerin says

"My dorm is like 6 steps away when you exit" She already leaves and waits for me.

"Okay. I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

"Bye Y/N!" Hyein gives me a quick hug, causing the girls to join in the group hug.

I leave and join Haerin.

As I open the door, Haerin pushes me in and engulfs me into an extremely tight hug. We look at each other afterwards.

"Can we finish what Hanni interrupted?" Haerin asks

I move closer and we click.

We kissed.

It's been awhile since our first kiss, but this feels as if it's the first all over again. We finally pull apart.

"I missed you Y/N, you don't know how much."

"I missed you too Haerin, I'm sorry again for leaving so abruptly." All she could do was tear up a little and smile.

"It's okay Y/N, you're here now and that's all that matters" She says and smiles

"I'll be leaving now, bye Y/N!" She quickly kisses my cheek and leaves.

All I could do was smile as I lay down on my bed.

________________________________________________________

Just a small soft chapter to fill in - i didnt want the story going too fast.

Thank you guys so much for the support again, I'm shocked at how well it's doing. I'll continue to try my best and deliver something you guys like <3

- sweatygenes