Chapter 3: the Fall and the Rise

~

Genesis gets to the second floor of the castle, but before she could take any more steps up the stairs, Zachary suddenly came out from the dark with his sword drawn. Daniel swiftly moved Genesis behind him, while unsheathing his sword to clash with Zachary's blade. 

"Zach! What are you doing!?" Genesis shouted in surprise as she stood behind Daniel.

Zachary looks at her with guilt on his face. "I can't let you go to your father, I'm sorry my princess." He suddenly replied to her. "I won't fight Daniel, I know I wouldn't win against him. But I must stall you as much as I can."

Genesis widens her eyes. She went from confusion and hurt, then realization. "What are you going to do? What does this have to do with my father!? Let me go through, now!" Genesis yells, her voice almost begging him.

Daniel swirls his sword with Zachary's sword, which causes Zachary to let go of the blade. The blade fell onto the floor, and Daniel aimed his blade directly at Zachary's throat. Genesis stops Daniel from going on any further than he already had. She looks at Zachary with teary eyes that were filled with betrayal and hurt. 

"Genesis, please forgive me one day, but never forget what happened here." Zachary says to her. That voice she once had always loved, did not give her the ounce of happiness she always felt. I'm sorry, he quickly mouthed to her before moving out of their way. He disappeared into the dark that he first had come from.

Genesis suddenly froze at what had just happened between her and the man she thought she knew. She loved him so much with all her heart. Many questions filled her mind, but she snapped back into reality as soon as Daniel shook her. "Genesis! Your father! We have to go, now!" He yelled out. 

~

The doors of Andreas' office burst open, revealing Rainerus with a blade pointed into the side of Andreas' stomach. His arm had Andreas' neck in a headlock. Gallien and the guards quickly unsheathe their swords and point them to the soldiers and Rainerus. Rainerus suddenly clicks his tongue three times as a warning. Though, it sounded more like taunt than a warning.

"Don't take a step closer. You can't save him if you try anything." Rainerus says with a smirk. "All my men are surrounding the castle and the ballroom as we speak, so if you dare attack us, my men will kill every single person in that ballroom."

Gallien growls in frustration. "You damned monster!" He shouts at Rainerus angrily.

Andreas looks at Gallien in defeat. The once very strong king was going to give up at that very single moment. "Gallien, take care of my family." He says softly before groaning in pain as he feels the sharp tip of Rainerus' blade plunge into his stomach.

Gallien and the guards all widened their eyes. Frozen at the sight that was bestowed before them. Rainerus sinisterly smiles at Gallien, and he cackles in a coldblooded tone. Gallien yells in anger, sadness, and pain. Rainerus rips the blade right out, then walks away as soon as Andreas' wounded body falls to the ground. The soldiers follow behind Rainerus as they make their way out of the Kingdom.

Gallien rushes to Andreas' body, kneeling down to hold Andreas in his arms. "Andreas, it's okay, you're okay!" Gallien shouted in a worried tone, his hands putting pressure on Andreas' wound. "CALL FOR THE DOCTOR! NOW!"

The guards obey his orders, quickly leaving to send for the doctor. Gallien grunts in agony, looking down at Andreas. He felt so guilty as he watched Andreas suffering the pain of the wound. 

"I should've been in there; I should've never let you go!" Gallien scolded himself with tears dripping down his face. "Hang on, please."

Andreas weakly smiles at Gallien. "I never should have married her. You two would've been away from this pain... happy together." Andreas said as best as he could. "Gallien, promise me that you will take care of my family, and promise me that you will love her as much as you always have."