Birthday Party

6 Months Ago

HAYLIE POV

     Today my babies turn six. I can’t believe it. Jack gave me the day off to celebrate with them. The club is throwing them a party.  Then I am going to surprise them with a weekend away and a trip to the trampoline park. I got tickets for us and Ink. I already cleared the time away with Mayhem. It is just as much a surprise for the kids as it is for Ink.

      I load the last of the bags into the trunk and walk back into the house. I don't see the kidlets anywhere so I holler, “We got to go kidlets. We need to hurry or we are going to be late for your party. Daddy has worked hard on it. Let's go.” The telltale sound of a herd of elephants coming, let me know they heard me. “We is weady Mommy,” they inform me together. I look them over to make sure. Lucas is dressed like his dad; jeans, a T-shirt, boots, and a leather coat. Layke, true to herself is dressed in a frilly knee-length dress, boots, leather coat,  and wild hair. Laila, not to be left out, also has on a leather coat but a frilly dress, dress shoes, hair perfect, and a crown. I just smile and giggle. “Let's go. You kidlets look amazing,” I respond. “You do too, mommy,” they reply.

      It takes us ten minutes to get to the clubhouse and to ride the elevator to the main floor. The doors open and I gasp in surprise. One side looks like a princess's dream with a twist. It is frilly but not overdone. Pink and black streamers and lace everywhere but something masculine about it too. The other side is straight-up boyish. Blue and black streamers with motorcycles as centerpieces. I also noticed pink and black motorcycles for the girls too.

    The kids run to their dad screaming, “Daddy,” as they throw themselves into him. He catches them, giving them hugs and kisses. Then run off to greet their uncles and aunts. They have claimed Grams as grandma and Gears as grandpa. Mayhem and Sheila have also been claimed as grandparents. I walk over to the gift table to add mine. I can not believe how many gifts are there. “We have a lot of birthdays and Christmases to make up for,” Ink says startling me out of my thoughts. I instantly feel the guilt weighing me down. “None of that guilt. I don't blame you. It is just as much my fault as yours,” Ink states and kisses my temple. I sigh and let it go the best I can.

     The party has been in full swing for an hour now. The kids are having a blast. Ink has been with them through most of it. I am sitting with the girls watching Ink eating with the kids. “Tech and Ryder are so cute together,” Ivy says while watching them steal a few kisses. “So are Hawk and Beast,” Pixie replies nodding toward them. Pixie is a sweetbutt that the Ol' ladies have accepted and embraced since she got close to Bear when Sadie left. Beast and Hawk are getting married to the twins Poppy and Willow in a couple of weeks. “So, you and Bear. What is the story there?” Cherry teases. “No story there. He is a friend and like a brother to me. I know what he is going through and I want to help him. I can be a shoulder to cry on and an ear for listening. Nothing more to it,” Pixie answers. “But there is someone you want more than friends with, huh, Pix?” Rayne teases. Pixie blushes but doesn’t respond. She is saved from further question when Ink shouts, “Time to open presents.”

     It takes forever for the kidlets to open all of their presents. Okay, in honesty it was only an hour. Lucas got a football and Grams is paying for him to join the local pee-wee team. He also got a baseball and Gear footing the bill for tee ball. He also got a power wheels Harley-Davidson from Mayhem and Sheila. That and so much more. Though I think his kutte from Ink may have outshined them all. Layke got a baseball and glove and Gears footing the bill for tee ball also. She also gets ice skating outfits and classes paid for by Grams. Not to be outdone, Mayhem and Sheila got her a Jeep power wheels. Everyone got her things to embrace her tomboy and frilly sides. Once again Ink's kutte took favorite. Laila also got ice skating outfits and lessons from Grams. Gears got her ballet lessons and tutus. Mayhem and Shelia got her a convertible power wheels. She got a lot of frilly dresses and dolls. When Ink gave her, her kutte and it is pink, Laila cried happy tears. When I presented them with the trip and mini-vacation for us as a family,  Ink, and the kidlets had the same look of awe and surprise. I can not wait for our time away. I hope this brings Ink and me closer together as parents. I am still not sure if he or I want more.