Episode2: Bionic Waiter

(This chapter takes place after the events of the episode 3 from season 3)

Adam has been working at the diner for a month and is about to collect his paycheck.

"okay bunch of scumbags" Mr. Franklin, the cafeteria owner shouts to the employees, he is about to hand over the envelopes with the payments.

"this guy scares me" Adam says standing next to Harper "Mr. Franklin!?" Harper asks "yeah, he's short and grumpy and has a mustache...he reminds me of the principal at my school" Adam says.

"at least your principal doesn't smell like burnt bacon" Harper rolls her eyes, Adam looks at her with an expression that says "yeah she does" Harper laughs and Adam smiles at her.

"Stop laughing Chip and Dale!" Mr. Franklin irritably says "sorry sir" Adam says "yeah, but if we're going to be nicknamed after a famous duo we prefer Batman and Robin" Harper says.

"oh I agree with her" Adam says "and with that he just demonstrated who Robin is" Harper says leaning with her arm on Adam's shoulder, Adam nods thinking Harper is Robin.

"just get the envelopes and get back to work before I change my mind" Mr. Franklin says.

"yeah money!" Adam says opening the envelope.

Harper opens hers, she takes the wad of money and just quickly slides her finger over the bills and looks at Mr. Franklin.

"why am I missing exactly 100 dollars from my salary?" Harper says indignantly.

"you didn't even count you just ran your fingers over the bills" Mr. Franklin says "oh believe me I counted more than once" Harper smirk.

"and it's not the first time you've done that either, where's my money?" Harper says "I discounted" Mr. Franklin says.

"why!?" Harper says "because I don't go with your face, lady "I count fast"!" He angrily says "you broke my cash register!" Mr. Franklin says.

"Okay... but you already cashed the cash register last month..." Harper crosses her arms.

Adam holds his money in his hand, he's counting note by note.

"damn I thought you wouldn't notice" Mr. Franklin says "yes, i noticed...Batman here doesn't lose sight of anything!" Harper says "I thought I was Batman!" Adam says, Harper glances at him.

"Mr. Franklin I know I may not be your best employee but let's face it I'm pretty much the only one..." Harper laughs until she looks at Franklin's serious face.

"Anyway.....I need more money there's no way you could break the bank for me Frankie? huh?" Harper says giving Mr. Franklin a friendly punch on the arm.

"don't call me that" Mr. Franklin says, Harper lower her arms.

"And no! I won't give you a raise" he says "Oh come on, I've been here for two years whether or not I'm the oldest employee! I think I deserve it" Harper follows him.

"Why do you need money all of a sudden?" He asks "Okay, since you asked, is about to launch the most complete PC gamer in the world with Best Processor,16 G RAM memory, Video Card AMD RX 550...." Harper gets excited "Okay girl you got your raise just stop talking!!" Mr. Franklin says angrily.

"Really!?" She asks "yeah but only cuz in return you'll train him" he says pointing at Adam.

Who is making a tower of coffee cups but he sneezes and knocks the cups to the floor "oh boy!" Harper says "good luck with that" mister Franklin says patting her on the back.

......................................................................

Later, Adam is asleep on the counter, Harper appears and shakes her head.