Episode 14: Matching Opponent

Harper and Chase are talking on the kitchen counter, they seem to be getting along, Chase makes Harper laugh more than once.

Leo, Bree and Adam are in the living room, watching them "Oh my god I think she's drowning!" Leo says "no silly she's laughing" Bree says happily.

"but she's with Chase, what is she laughing about?" Leo says "he makes her laugh" Adam says.

"oh got it Adam, You mean she's laughing at him and not with him!" Leo laughs "no he's really making her laugh, in a mysterious way that no one understands" Adam says "it's cute" Bree says.

"I've never seen him try so hard to make someone laugh, there's something weird here" Leo says, Bree is worried "it's quite normal Chase always has jokes, nobody understands them but he does lots of jokes!" Bree says.

"no one really laughs except Harper, why?" Leo says "maybe because she has a crush ah...she had a really bad crush as a kid it drove her a little crazy, she um...Hit her head really hard now she laughs at everything" Adam says nervously changing the subject.

Bree and Leo look at each other "wait! Adam, what did you say?" Bree asks "a hard fall she hit her head" Adam says "no you said "crush"!?" Leo says "No, I didn't!" Adam says "You did!" Bree says.

"Adam what do you know?" Leo says "Nothing, that's me, I literally don't know anything" Adam says "No, for the first time in your life you know of something! Tell me!" Bree says "uh..." Adam says.

Harper and Chase approach them "Guys, we're going to talk to Mr Davenport in the lab, do you want to come with us?" Chase question "Not now Chase!" Bree says.

"wow no need to be rude either!" Harper says "you too get out of here!" Leo says, Harper frowns and walks along with Chase to the lab.

"Adam tell me what you know?" Bree says "I can't!" Adam says "why?" Leo says "I promised Harper!" Adam says.

"if we guess you technically never said" Bree says "yeah you won't break the promise" Leo says.

"oh good idea, but you guys will never guess!" Adam says "Harper has a crush on Chase" Bree says "Oh how did you do that!?" Adam makes a surprised face.

"Wait you were spying on me this whole time, because there are some things that are better to pretend never happened!" Adam says, Bree rolls her eyes.

"wait what?" Leo says "is that it?" Bree ask "yeah yeah she likes Chase" Adam says.

"Harper!? Our Harper!?" Leo says in awe "yes, do you know any other?" Bree says "Well the lady who sells movie tickets is called Harper but I don't think she has a crush on Chase" Leo says.

"how did you guess?" Adam says "okay don't tell anyone but" Bree says excitedly "Chase has a crush on Harper too!" Bree says smiling "wow what the chances!" Adam says.

"Wait a minute so, Chase and Harper?" Leo says "Yes!!" Bree says "Yeah! Let's tell them!" Adam says getting up from the couch, Bree pulls him back "No! they'll know we suck at keeping secrets" Bree says "and this is new?" Leo says.

"so what do we do?" Adam says "nothing! That's between them not us!" Bree says "nothing!? that's what will happen if we leave it up to Chase" Adam says "and i guess Harper doesn't seem like the type that take the first step too " Leo says.

"wow, you're right" Bree says "Looks like those two lovebirds could use a little nudge" Leo says "and what do you know about that?" Bree says.

"pleased Leo Dooley master of love, and professional cupid" Leo says.

"how many couples have you formed?" Bree ask "um well....don't question the master of love I've watched romantic comedies with my mom long enough to know how it works" Leo says and leaves.