XXV - Since When?

"You realize you slept for fourteen hours?" George asked Lucy once they were situated in the kitchen. 

"Did I?" She responded calmly as she sat down in a seat across from George and Daniel. "I don't actually remember going to bed."

"Do you remember us carrying you?" Lockwood asked, handing Lucy a mug of tea before sitting down at the table on George's other side. 

"What?"

"Yeah, we found you passed out in the records room. It was scary. But don't you worry, Locks still had time to correct my language." 

Lockwood shot her a look, silently telling her to 'shut up'. Daniel had her feet pulled up on her chair, knees to her chest as she drank her peppermint tea. Don't tell anyone but Daniel was 90% sure she'd seen the boy grab a bag of her tea himself, but she knew he'd never admit it. She'd been smirking for the past five minutes, watching him sip on the tea as if he didn't even notice the distinct taste of peppermint as opposed to his normal black tea.  

"You don't remember anything?" George's brows were drawn together in slight confusion. 

"No, I definitely remember putting the papers away, but that was it." Lucy responded, her fingers playing against the rim of her green mug.

"And you're not getting any hallucinations? Or. . .weird voices?" George asked on.

"No." Lucy shot down immediately, shaking her head slightly.

"George only asks because with listeners it's comm-"

Lockwood gave Daniel that same 'shut it' look as before and she drew her lips against her cup, cutting off her comment. 

"No, like I said, I feel. . .normal." Lucy smiled. The team remained in silence for an awkward moment, Daniel counting the four seconds that really felt like about thirty in her mind before the doorbell rang. 

"Well we don't have any appointments." George started pushing up out of his seat to go answer the door. Daniel did the same, wanting to see who could possibly be at their house so early. "It's probably mad old Mrs. Wick again."

"You're just not rude enough to her, George." Lockwood said as he too walked toward the door with them, leaving Lucy on her lonesome. 

"Why does she come by so often again?" Daniel asked, her tea in her hands as they made their way over.

"She loses her cat every other day and for some reason thinks he comes here."

"Isn't her cat dead?" Lockwood asked just after George's remark.

"Died about two months ago." George nodded.

There was a knock just as Anthony reached for the door handle, pulling it open to reveal an old scratchy looking man who bent ever so slightly at his back. His silver hair went down to his shoulders and almost blended in with the color of his suit. Just behind him was a younger woman with dark brown hair, but she wasn't the one to speak. "Hello, Mr. Lockwood?"

"Yes." Lockwood gave the crooked man his signature smile. "Please, come in." He pulled the door further open, allowing for the two to enter their home. 

Lockwood gave Daniel a look before nodding toward the library. She sighed, smiling at the strangers and holding a hand toward the study. "Right this way, sir, ma'am. Lockwood will be right back, he's simply going to get our associate, Lucy Carlyle." Daniel told them as Lockwood ran off toward the kitchen.

"Ah, of course, thank you, Ms. . ." The man spoke up, both him and his acquaintance following her into the library.

"Daniel, sir, Daniel Aiken."