Chapter: 28

Lying on the bed in my room, I can't help but think about Mr. Kim. His eyes, his nose, his lips, his moles, and his perfect face structure. He is the definition of perfection, and no one can tell me otherwise.

Whatever happened this Friday makes my heart beat faster whenever I recall it. The feeling of his kiss ignites a fire inside me every time I recall it, and I just want to burn myself in this fire. I'm curious: Did he feel the same way? The same desire to burn in the fire?

I grin to myself and turn on my side. I look back at that night when we were about to go to bed. He wasn't wearing anything except for his brief because my clothes were too small for him. It was very hard not to look at his obvious bulge; it was tempting.

Nevertheless, I had one of the best nights. All night, he was hugging me from behind, spooning me as if I'm a baby, and he needed to protect me from the world. The gental kisses I received on my neck... I wish to feel them again.

Damn it!

I cringe at myself and hide my face in my palms. I feel like a 13 years old who's daydreaming about their stupid crush. But maybe this is not just a stupid crush for me. For a moment, I put aside everything hurtful things he has done to me and focus on the feeling he has evoked.

"Kookie," my mom calls me from the kitchen.

"Yes, eomma," I shouted back, sitting on the bed cross-legged.

"The lunch will be ready in 15 minutes," she informs.

"Okay!"

I sigh. On Saturday, after breakfast, Mr. Kim decided to leave. I was feeling a little bored without my best friends so I decided to visit my parents. I came to my parents' in the evening and stayed the night here.

I'll go to my apartment this evening since tomorrow is Monday, which means tomorrow is a workday. I grunt, leaving my bed and making my way to the dinner table.

I had a very heartwarming lunch with my parents, reviving our old memories and before I knew it, it's already 4 o'clock which means it's my time to go.

It has taken 50 minutes for me to arrive in front of my apartment building. I think I'll do some of my undone domestic chores before dinner. I hear my name being taken as I take a step toward my building. I stop and turn behind.

"Hey, Kookie. How're you? You've grown up in no time!" The Alpha, Yugyeom, comments. I'm shocked to see him here.

He is my neighbor in Busan, and I have had a tiny crush on him for a while. Every time I'd visit Busan, we'd always hang out sometime. We aren't that close, though, but we have had a decent relation with each other.

"Hi, Yugyeom hyung. How come you're here?" I ask excitedly before we share a quick hug.

"I've been living here for almost four months now, and I was kind of looking for you."

I frown. "Why? Is there anything wrong?" I smile amicably.

"Oh, no, no. Everything's okay. Tell me, how are you?"

"I'm good. And you?"

"All is well. I actually got a job here as a manager in a restaurant. I'd like to invite you sometime," he kindly offers.

"That's so nice of you," I keep my smile. "Anyway, you said you were looking for me. Is there anything I can do?"

"Um, Jungkook." His gaze changes, and I can't read it. Is there something very serious?

"What happened, hyung?"

"Kookie, you know that we've known each other for a long time now, right?"

He's avoiding my gaze.

"Yes, hyung. C'mon, get to the point!" I exclaim, not having much patience.

He doesn't answer, though. He walked closer to me, and my nervousness kicks in. I can't fathom what he's going to do but nevertheless, I decide to stay in my place.

My smile fades away when I feel his hand on my cheek and quickly, and his lips are on mine. I freeze in my spot.

What the fuck?

I'm in utter shock, too much that I've even forgotten to move my body, and he captures my lower lip. It doesn't feel good. It's not making me feel like it would do whenever Mr. Kim would kiss me. Kissing Yugyeom feels so wrong.

I abruptly push him when Mr. Kim comes across my mind. I look at him, widening my eyes as I'm still in the state of shock while he looks at me, confused.

"Wh-what are you doing, hyung?" My voice shows distaste.

"Kook, I'm... I'm sorry, I should've asked you first but I couldn't control myself," he rumbles. "The thing is, I like you, Jungkook. I really do. So... would you go on a date with me, please?"

He looks at me hopefully and I look at him perplexed. As long as I remember, he had a girlfriend.

"What are you saying? Don't you have a girlfriend?"

He sighs. "Yes, I had a girlfriend but we broke up 5 months ago, and I slowly realized my feelings for you. You're still single, right? You don't have anyone special, right?"

I contemplate. I am single but I do have someone special; Mr. Kim. Eventhough, we have a complicated relationship, I don't want to see myself with anyone else if not him. But again, the real question is: will Mr. Kim reciprocate my feelings? I know he's not my type but the saying goes, never say never. I can't win him if I never try. I may have him if I confess. The chances are thin but there are still here.

"Jungkook." I snap out of my thoughts. "What happened? You didn't answer me."

"Uh... hyung, I..." I contemplate again. Am I really going to say this? But even if I had no one, still I wouldn't really want to be in a relationship right now.

"Say, Kookie."

"Hyung, I have someone in my life."

He broadens his eyes and I can feel his heart breaking but I can't do anything.

"You're not joking?"

"I'm not," I say with confidence. "I belong to someone else. And you can't just come to me out of the blue and kiss me," I say harshly. Even if I wasn't single, that doesn't give anyone to come and kiss without permission.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry. I-"

"Yugyeom, please. I think you should leave."

"But, Jungkook — wait, don't go."

I don't listen to him and run inside the building. He tries to stop me, but I quickly get inside the elevator. I try to clear my thoughts as I arrive at my floor and walk inside my apartment.

——

Hope you enjoyed this chapter 💕

This story will be going on hiatus until 15th September.

♥️♥️