Chapter 3: Carving Out A Market

The next day...

Kyle's entire body was aching. He had overexerted himself during the fight, and his muscles screamed for rest. He sat in an opulent red velvet chair, the bloodstains from yesterday long gone and replaced with a slightly worn formal suit appropriated from the stash of the gang. Ulon's humongous suits clearly did not fit his size.

He was in Ulon's private room, now obviously his. It was filled with useless trinkets, trophies and a gaudy stuffed head of a wildlife Kyle had never seen before. All extremely distracting and a waste of time, in his opinion.

It had been slightly more than a day since he arrived in the city of Raktor, somehow waking up in another person's body, along with a holographic interface reminiscent of VR games.

It's far too real to be a VR game.... Kyle pondered as he checked his face in the mirror, looking nothing like how he did in the past. His face no longer had the perfection of designer genes cultivated over centuries, and his auburn hair was a stark difference from his previous pristine jet-black hair. Clear blemishes, pimples, and terrible skin all made for what Kyle could only refer to as 'mediocre' and hardly attractive. Not an issue now.

The first rule of thumb for Kyle when entering an unknown and potentially hostile environment was to gain safety first. By instantaneously taking out Ulon, he had temporarily secured his position as a gang leader, albeit of a small one but easier to control and tweak to his preference. Twenty weak members are hardly enough to serve as a buffer against enemies...

Efficiency was the name of the game when one wanted to be a galactic crime lord. Kyle did not beat around the bush, immediately coming up with a simple step-by-step plan.

Build a solid base/group of people to perform menial labour and reach a position preferably on the same level as his previous titles. Remain hidden from the big powers as much as possible.Find a niche market to sell, preferably illegal, so as to exploit profit margins. Scale up and dominate the market, as well as ensure no competition.Figure how the hell he survived/woke up in another person's body.

There is also the issue of the gang I attacked when I arrived. No doubt they will come knocking sooner or later. Kyle surmised. From what he learnt, the Red Lions seemed to be a much larger gang, controlling four South Sector districts. He needed to potentially prepare for war.

To protect himself and his followers, he would need money. Most likely, lots of it. And he would need it extremely soon, with the Red Lions poised to pounce if the Seven Snakes showed any more weakness. Until then, he had to remain low. Kyle winced as he tried to move his arms, sore from exhaustion.

On his neck was the Necklace of Healing, which he still had no idea how to activate. I was not able to activate the pipe as well. Does this mean my body can't use arctech?

He also had no idea how to access the purple box properly. He tried swiping with his hands. When that didn't work, he tried it verbally. "Holographic Interface. Menu. System. Statistics."

As soon as he said the last word, the statistics appeared before him.