6

CAITLIN

I leaned against the town car's window early the next morning, taking small sips of Ms. de Leon's coffee while scrolling through my latest emails.

Subject: Is The de Leon dating supermodel Maddie Madayag? Page Six says so!

Subject: I heard The de Leon was looking at engagement rings for her yesterday...

Subject: Give us the details ASAP, Caitlin!

I sighed, feeling a slight pang of jealousy in my chest. I'd assumed she was dating her long ago, since every Monday afternoon was reserved with a "phone conversation with Maddie," and she never allowed me to intercept those calls. They went straight to Bea's private video line, and no one was allowed in her office during that time.

Even though Page Six was pretty accurate when it came to all things for "Ms. Bachelorette of the Year," I'd never actually seen her with anyone else since I started working for her, and I'd never heard her mention anything about her sex life. I honestly didn't see how she could ever find the time.

Then again, if anyone can find the time for random sex, I'm sure she can...

I responded to each of my coworkers' emails with an "I'll find out as soon as I can," but regardless of when I discovered the truth, I wouldn't say a word about it to them. I vowed long ago that I would never share any details about her personal life with anyone. That, asshole or not, I would keep her secrets like I hoped my future executive assistant would hold mine.

"Andito na tayo, Miss Viray." Jet opened the back door for me. "Dapat ba kitang ipagdasal bago pumasok?"

"Ipagdasal mo tayong dalawa." I stepped out of the car. "I'm taking you down with me if I get fired."

He laughed and waited for me to walk inside the building before returning to the driver's seat.

I rode the elevator to the top floor and held my access card against the key panel for her penthouse. Then I took a deep breath before pushing the doors open.

I walked through her kitchen, parlor, and her living room – finally stopping once her gaze met mine. She was leaning against the floor to ceiling windows that overlooked Fifth Avenue, looking beyond sexy in a white T-shirt and blue jeans. Her dark hair was slightly messier than usual, as if she'd just rolled out of bed.

"You can have a seat now." She motioned for me to sit in her sofa.

She sat across from me and reached for her coffee. "Should I assume that you didn't steal any sips of this today like usual?"

"I've told you countless times before that I don't drink your coffee. Ayoko ng extra vanilla na lagi mong nirerequest."

She spun the nearly empty cup around in her hands, tapping the part where remnants of my red lipstick stained the lid.

"Lipstick yan ni Jet," I said.

"I'm sure." She returned the coffee to me and tapped her fingers against her knee. "I wanted to talk to you privately because I have a proposition for you."

"Yes, I would like to quit my job as your assistant as of today," I said, hopeful. "Thank you for your offer."

Her lips curved into a smile but she didn't laugh. "I've been very lucky throughout my career, and I think I've reached a positon where I can afford to go after only the things I want. Would you agree?"

"I would."

"Good." She poured a glass of water and handed it to me. "Because I'm willing to let you out of your employment contract, if you agree to help me land this particular deal."