2.~ he's here.

'He's here' mingyu thought, he didn't know why he was so nervous meeting his new roommate. Apparently, from what his parents told him, his name was Jeon Wonwoo. 'he even has a pretty name' mingyu thought but then came to a realization. He was still outside. 'shit' he quickly rushed to the door when he realized that he hadn't opened it yet and wonwoo was probably outside waiting for him to open the door. so he opened the door quickly not wanting him to get cold.

"hi! sorry if you were waiting outside for long i was uh- doing something, im so sorry if you were waiting."
mingyu rushed to explain, while apologizing to Wonwoo.

"Its okay, i wasn't waiting that long anyways."
Wonwoo said, but Mingyu could still hear him quietly sigh. Great, it was only their first encounter and Wonwoo was already annoyed with him.

He didnt want to overthink though, He probably just sighed because it was cold right? Mingyu didn't know what to do right now so he quickly introduced himself.

"ah- i- im Mingyu, Kim Mingyu"
mingyu said stretching his hand out to shake wonwoo's hand.

"Jeon wonwoo."
Wonwoo said sounding rather annoyed, ignoring Mingyu's hand and walking into his room slamming the door.

'thats rude.' Mingyu thought, he didn't want Wonwoo to be annoyed with him since they had just met and would be roommates, So it would be awkward if they both hated each other. Mingyu tried to think positive, 'maybe he's just in a bad mood?' Mingyu thought. But it wasn't the time to think about this, they still had to eat dinner. Mingyu didn't really want to eat with Wonwoo but did he have a choice?

Then he just decided to call his mom as he didn't know what Wonwoo liked, it also help things get off his mind. His mom was very dear to him, He loved her more than anything in the world. Then, His cellphone ringing echoed in the silent living room of his dorm.

"hello?"
his mom said, picking up the phone.

"hi ma, i just called to ask what wonwoo likes to eat? Im thinking of cooking for the both of us to make a good impression."
Mingyu said, telling his mom the reason why he called her.

"oh, he likes kare kare and sinigang, His dad said he prefers sinigang though."
Mingyu's mom said, answering his question.

"Oh okay! ill cook that."
Mingyu said excitedly, he was excited that he could finally show someone his cooking, Even if Wonwoo was a bit cold, he was still happy.

"Its good that your trying to make a good impression! are you guys getting along well?"
Mingyu's mom asked, checking if the two were okay with each other.

"Yes! he's very nice!"
"he's the exact opposite of that" Mingyu thought while saying that, he didn't want his mom to worry so he lied about Wonwoo being nice, plus his mom only wanted the best for him since she knew he was lonely at the dorm. He didn't want to ruin that.

"okay that's good! you probably have to get cooking now though ill hang up, love you take care always!"
Mingyu's mom said to him.

"okay! love you too! take care!"
Mingyu replied.

'i need to get working on the sinigang' Mingyu thought. He just got some ingredients to start cooking, He was rather excited to cook, he loved cooking. His mom taught him how to cook ever since he was little. It was like an escape from reality for him, And he loved the fact he would be able to share that to the world.

-

Once he finished the sinigang, He put the plates down on the table. And grabbed some water from the fridge and put it next to the plates. Then, suddenly, Wonwoo came out of his room,
"Uh- i prepared food for us-"
Mingyu was gonna say "i prepared food for us, your dad said this was your favorite" Until wonwoo cut him off.

"im gonna eat out, don't wait for me just put the leftovers in the fridge."
Wonwoo cut Mingyu off, Then he stormed out of the living room, Heading straight to the door, slamming it on his way out.

Mingyu just stood there, shocked. Right now he was fighting the tears threatening to fall from his eyes. 'Dont cry, dont cry, dont cry' Mingyu repeated in his head. His tears finally fell dispite his efforts to hold them in. He didn't know why he was crying right now, but he didn't care, he was hurt. Then suddenly, his mom called.

"Hello! sorry for calling your probably eating right now, i just wanted to say hi to wonwoo?"
Mingyu's mom told him.

"o-oh uhm, he's in the bathroom right now taking a bath, ill c-call you when he's done ma."
Mingyu said sniffling a little in between words.

"okay- Honey are you crying?"
Mingyu's mom asked worried Mingyu might be hurt.

"N-no ma im okay, i promise."
Mingyu said, tears threatening to fall again.

"Are you sure? you can tell me you know"
Mingyu's mom said even more worried about Mingyu.

"Yes ma, im sure"
Mingyu said not wanting his mom to worry about him.

"okay, if you say so, your father is calling me must be on his way home from work ill call you later."
Mingyu's mom said.

"Okay! tell him i said hi and get home safely, Love you!"
Mingyu replied.

"Love you too!"
Mingyu's mom said saying goodbye to Mingyu.

After she hung up mingyu couldn't eat, thinking about Wonwoo he just wanted to cry. He put the sinigang he made inside the fridge and rushed to his room. He didn't mean to, but he cried a litttle too loud, after realizing, he checked his phone seeing he had 5 missed calls from their neighbor and his friend, Moon Junhui.

TO BE CONTINUED.

hello! This update is a little bit longer if you noticed, i wanted to make up for the first update, it only had 200+ words i believe so i want to make longer chapters for anyone reading! | pls vote <33

Btw sinigang and kare kare are dishes in the philippines! The sinigang is a reference to a filo wongyu / minwon au called sinigang au by @junhoenothui on twt! <33

chapter 2 of flowers 🤍🎧

1063 words!