Late night call

"Ethan's point of view,"

"What the hell do you think you are, you scummy, scandalous, canine, worthless, lowly rascal?"

I don't know why, but as soon as her fire-like voice entered my ears, my heart felt a great sense of relief.
She's so enraged right now that the very tip of her nose probably already looks red. It's similar to the cherry on top of my favorite vanilla cake.
Oh, you're still smiling when you think of her? My subconscious questioned why I was grinning so broadly.

I didn't miss her, and this time, rather than me calling her, she called me. I explained to my subconscious.
Whatever the case, you forced that poor girl to call you so late at night.
Was my subconscious truly hacked by Stella?
Stop supporting that haughty girl. Don't you realize that all is fair in love and war? I told my subconscious to remain silent.

"What are you expecting from me?" Her voice cut off my internal monologue.

"You must know my expectations of you." I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Sorry, but I can't sell you that piece of land. Why can't you grasp what I'm saying?" I do not know why I started noticing the anguish in her ferocious voice suddenly.

Oh, so the tough and icy Stella Parker also harbors a deep-seated fear of defeat. This revelation filled me with joy. Getting this perspective was like winning an award in business.
Ethan, what are you doing?
Put your attention on the result. The devil's thoughts reminded me of my mission.

"Did you not challenge me?"I spoke her words back to her.

"So why did you become the boss of my company by buying 60% of its shares?Winning the challenge fairly?" Her voice's grousing tone was entertaining to me.

"Can you sell me that land right away?" Since I had high hopes that she would sell her land to me after all of this, I was ecstatic about my success.

"No, I won't even sell that land to you."

"But why?" Her response took aback me.
Why is she so unyielding? Why is she still resisting me when I have seized control of her business as well? No matter how hard I attempt to destroy her courage, she always seems to come back stronger than before, making all of my efforts ineffective.

"I believe it's time for us to be upfront about our animosity toward one another, Mr. Woods. I don't want to take part in your one-sided conflict, and I'm not even sure why you hold such a grudge against me." She remarked while inhaling deeply.

Oh, that's right—she wants to know why I hate her. Does she not understand what she has done to me, or is she feigning ignorance on purpose?

"I'll send you the address tomorrow morning, Miss Parker, all right? If this line of questioning is done, then I'd like to go to sleep. I was sleeping soundly." I feigned yawning.

"Yes, Mr. Woods, why not? You can now sleep soundly by disturbing others' slumber." She berated me once again in a taunting tone.

"Miss Parker, you have mastered the art of baiting." I don't know why that girl yelled at me so often in rage, but every time I didn't respond to her words, I just started giggling.

"The entire public of New York will have a horrible night's sleep if you don't control your diabolical chuckle." She continued to mock me.
I wasn't furious at all while I listened to her taunting, however, and instead began laughing even louder than before.

"Oh, Jesus, I'm done arguing with you." She became upset and ended the call.

Even though it is 2.30 in the morning, my eyelids show no signs of sleep since I have been reflecting on what my grandma said ever since I returned from their house. Even though Stella and I barely know one another, my grandmother believes we are a couple.

My thoughts were oscillating between Stella's challenge and my grandmother's advice on one side.I could not sleep at all. To meet her challenge, I chose the path that felt right. She must now sell that land to me at all costs, or I will destroy her business.

I am eagerly awaiting morning, but I do not know when it will arrive or when I will explain my side of the story to her. The following morning, I woke up at four in the morning and flew to California on my private jet because I was so eager to meet her. As soon as I could, I arrived at the designated location to meet Miss Parker.

As I had expected, Miss Parker was there and waiting for me.

"How are you, Miss Parker?" When I turned to face her, a broad smile just appeared on my face.

"Mr. Woods, you are considerably later than the scheduled time." She complained while glancing in my direction.

"Yes, I was occupied with a pressing task." I responded while checking my wristwatch for the time. She also teased me because I was just 10 minutes late compared to the scheduled time.

"Whatever you do, I expect nothing else from you. Please be direct and let me know what the issue is with me." She inquired while looking me in the eye.

"My problem is you, Stella Parker."

"What do you mean?" She asked in a voice full of wonder.

"By defeating me in a polo match two years ago, you did me no favor. You have humiliated me by also defeating me in an online racing game. My name is Ethan Woods, and I refuse to concede defeat at any cost."

"I do not know what the hell you are talking about." She listened to me, and then her face took on a confused look.

"Isn't your online gaming name Flaming Shark?" I yelled my question in anger. I know perfectly that she joined the game with me on purpose so that she might win and inflate my ego.

"Yes, but how did you find out what my gamer name was?" She was still putting on an act in my presence as if she knew nothing. I must concede that Miss Parker is a superb actor.

"Because I am the cold devil you keep fighting."I yelled fiercely as I slammed the table with my palm.

"What? But I do not know of this. Believe me." She answered in a frantic tone.

"There are only two paths open to you now, Miss Parker: either admit your error and transfer the land to me, or give me your business and let me destroy it." I put my legs together.

"Have you gone insane? I won't act in any way that you would like me to, and I won't apologize to an egotistical man like you at any cost." She shouted angrily as she stood up from her chair.

"Well, Miss Parker, your haughtiness will destroy your company." If she had wanted to, she could have apologized to me and put an end to our argument, but as I watched her obstinate actions, I grew angrier.

"Mr. Woods, this is not my apology, but you deserve this from my side." Saying this, she slapped me hard on the cheek.

"Miss Parker, how dare you slap me?" I remarked as I stroked my cheek.

"An egocentric person like you deserves this." She left before I finished what I was saying to her.

"Stella Parker, when you see me again, you'll sincerely repent for what you did today." I was petting my cheek as I watched her walk away.