Proposal

"Stella's point of view,"

"Stella, what did Mr. Woods say to you?" As I hung up and set the phone down, Avery's enthusiastic voice greeted me.

"He wants to talk to me," I told her about the last part of my conversation with Ethan.

"Besides this, what else did you discuss with him?" She began making fun of me once more.

"Do you think of me and Ethan as a loving partner who talks on the phone for hours? You can imagine what kind of interaction two business rivals may have." I replied to her query in a grating manner.

"Okay, you seem pretty worn out. Please take a nap now, and we can continue our conversation at a more leisurely pace tomorrow." After saying goodnight to me, she exited my room.

Wait, she said that we would continue our conversation about this tomorrow, but I don't understand why. Since he has harmed my business so badly over such a long period that I haven't been able to sleep soundly for the past few nights, I can't waste any more time worrying about that conceited man. Only a few days remain before the thorn in my side, known as Ethan Woods, which is permanently eradicated.

I regret selling my land, but maybe Avery was right—my business comes first for me, and I won't have to marry a rapacious man like David. I'm not sure why Lily Aunty insisted on me marrying David. Has that woman grown so blind in love for her son that she is completely oblivious to his behavior? She believes David adores me, which is why she wishes to marry me to her foolish son; otherwise, what could cause her strange condition?

"I want to have lunch with you tomorrow." My phone's screen displayed the message from Ethan.

I'm worried about this man's erratic mood swings. After all, when I first asked to meet him, he refused to do so, and as soon as I complied with his demands and informed him of the entire situation over the phone call, he abruptly changed his mind and insisted that we meet. This man must have a terrible mental illness; I'm very certain of that. After all, what does he have to say to me right now? What else is there for him to discuss after meeting me if I have agreed to sell him the land he wants to gain from me?

Will he ask me to apologize once more? I will have to slap that man hard on the face again this time, no matter what happens—if he is even mistakenly thinking about it. I'm losing sleep just thinking about why he wants to meet me right now. Why do I keep going back to remember that cocky guy? The constant recurrence of Ethan Woods in my imagination has me thoroughly agitated.

It's all because of Avery; if she hadn't given me such a large amount of strong coffee earlier, I would already be sound asleep. However, I currently can not sleep at all. Should I see Avery and share my thoughts with her?
Oh no, I can't do that because then she'll start pestering me with her inquiries once more. I can only continue to toss and turn in bed at this point.

To my amazement, he was already there when I arrived the following afternoon to meet him at the address he had provided.

"Wow, Mr. Woods—are you there? Is the legendary Ethan Woods standing right in front of my eyes? I can't believe it." I rubbed my eyes and teased him.

"Your eyes are not affected, Miss Parker, but I am, in fact, right in front of you." He responded in a grating manner.

"What would you like for lunch, Miss Parker?" He asked while extending the menu card to me.

"What?" Since he wouldn't normally talk to me in such a cordial manner, I believe this man had a very serious head injury.
I smell something awry. But what?
After observing his good behavior, my subconscious kept reminding me to exercise caution.

"Mr. Woods, I think we should cut to the chase. I briefly accessed the menu card before closing it once more."

"Okay, Miss Parker. Tell me, why did you want to see me?" He inquired while gazing at my face.

Did he forget that he insisted on meeting here, not me? How has he maintained such composure up till now? His demeanor warned me of an approaching storm.

"All I wanted to convey to you was that I wanted to sell you my land for you to return my business." I don't want to feel nervous in front of this man, but his intense stare that seems to be glued to my face is making me feel that way inside.

"Who will then apologize to me for the error you made?" He asked in a hostile tone.

"I have done nothing wrong that requires an apology to anyone; in fact, I have done nothing wrong at all," I murmured, rubbing the tissue paper in my palm fiercely.

"If that's the case, Miss Parker, I doubt I can help you with this." With a shrug of his shoulders, he said.

Bastard, what does he need from me?

"So you no longer want to purchase that land from me?" I asked, and my brow furrowed.

"No, it's not at all what you believe. I still want to buy that land from you, but I won't give you my shares of your firm back until you accept my proposal and offer to apologize." The coldness of his demeanor was unchanged, but he was twisting the pen in his hand as if he were concerned about something. However, he doesn't want it to be seen on his face.
Stupid, look at that attractive man afterward; pay attention to what he just stated to you in the present. My subconscious advised me to cease thinking about unimportant things. Proposal?

"What sort of proposal are you referring to?" With confused eyes, I regarded him.

"I want to get married to you." As he unbuttoned his shirt and rolled up his sleeves, he stated.

"What? I had only doubts until this point, but after hearing what you said, I feel as though your mind has truly gone utterly crazy." I yelled indignantly.

"No, Miss Parker, I'm not crazy—I want to marry you."

This man is insane; doesn't he realize he's not proposing a business partnership with me but a marriage proposal? But why does he now feel the need to marry me?
Oh my God, what is happening in my life? I rolled my eyes and thought about God.

"I wouldn't want to marry a haughty man like you, so it is not conceivable. Instead, I would prefer to remain alone my entire life."

"Well, Miss Parker, if you decide to do this, I'll destroy your business." He yelled at me.

"You can not do this; I will stop at nothing to reclaim my business from you."

"OK, I'll wait to see whether you can keep your business from going under without my help." He yelled indignantly.

"Yes, Mr. Woods, you will soon witness the resurgence of my business." As I got out of the chair, I said,

"How are you going to come up with so much cash so quickly if you've opted to sell yourself to rescue your business?" My steps froze at their location when I overheard him say these things. I've simply had enough of this foolish man's crap. I turned around and slapped him across the cheek.

"How dare you, Stella Parker!"

"Sh..... say nothing more right now because your gutter-like mouth has already spread a lot of dirt." I felt it was proper to leave that location before I killed this man out of rage.