I

"Just leave you rat!" Yells Mrs. June.

I run out of the house I stay in with Mrs. June, her husband, Mr. Lin, and my 'sister', Kenly. All I have with me is a change of clothes, my stuffed dog that I got from my parents, a picture of my real family, and a hundred bucks I saved up from the past year. I know better than to leave it at that house.

I slow down and walk to my school. The sunrise is evident, even behind all the buildings. After a few minutes I get there and go inside to help the younger kids with their art projects. "Sorry I'm late Ms. Layni. Had a few problems getting here." I say. 

"Those people?" She asks referring to my foster house. I nod. "That's alright. Go help out at the watercolor table. We are a little short on people today." She says. I nod and walk over to the table full of 2nd, 4th, and 5th graders. 

After being here for a few hours, it is now past 7 o'clock. 

"Do you want a ride?" Ms. Layni asks. "That's alright. I'm okay walking. Thank you though." I reply. She nods hesitantly before walking out to her car. I turn off all the lights, walk out, and shut the door, locking it from the inside.

I begin walking back to the hell hole I call home. I walk down the same sidewalk I walked to get to the school. Car's flash by me and the moon is out, hidden behind all the buildings. New York is so loud compared to my real home. 

I lived there until I was 9 but came to live here when my family died in a house fire. My parents and 4 siblings, along with our 4 dogs and cats. I miss all of them. I used to be the middle kid. Number three both ways. 

It wasn't the best home, but it was still better than this place. We lived in the middle of the woods, fields surrounded us. We had a bright red barn and only 2 neighbors. I could see all the stars and the moon, the sunsets and the sunrises. It was always where I loved to be.

I'm lost in thought, and before I can even blink, I am thrown against a wall in an alleyway. A guy that looked maybe 17 had me pressed against the wall, trapping me with his arms. "Don't worry, sweetheart. This will only hurt a for a few minutes. Then, you'll feel really good." He says.

For a sec all I could think was that he wanted to rape me. Then he suddenly bites down into my neck as I try to get away from him. I scream as he starts to suck. He places his hand over my mouth. I still scream, muffled by his hand. 

I punch and kick him with all I have. He's completely unaffected by it. He stops sucking and a weird unexplainable sensation starts. It's almost like he's injecting me with his teeth. My entire body begins to hurt. 

I slide down the wall to the ground once he takes his teeth out of my neck. I look at him from the ground. His blonde hair, pale eyes and skin radiate in the moonlight. My body begins to shake uncontrollably.

"Hopefully you don't die. I really like the look of you." He says with a smirk. As suddenly as he came, he left. I lay on the hard ground as my body begins to hurt even more. I am in too much pain to even make a sound.

There is a bright light suddenly casted on me. I look to be met with a man in a police uniform. Before anything else, I pass out cold from the pain.