VII

Edward looks at me with shock. 

He turns to the girl. "Do you remember her?" He asks, sounding like he is trying to hold back his anger. The girl looks at him confused before she turns around to me. He eyes widen in horror after a moment. She quickly turns back to Edward.

"N-no. I've never seen her before. Liar is all I can think as I look at the floor. I grip pup-pup tightly as I begin to shake. "Greere?" I hear a voice say. I look up slightly to see Carlisle. Everyone else except the girl is looking at me with concern. She looks like she wants to tear me apart. I shake quite a bit more before bolting out of the house all together.

I hear my name being called as footsteps are heard behind me. I am on the ground because of a root. I continue to shake, remembering just what they did to me. What...he did to me. I am engulfed in a hug. Edward being the one doing so. "You are safe. It will never happen again." He whispers reassuringly.

I grab onto the hem of his shirt and continue to shake. Pup-pup being almost ripped apart from how tightly I have him. I calm down after about 15 minutes of just sitting here. I attempt to pull away. Edwards hold tight around me. I'm okay now. I think. He loosens his hold and pulls back from me. 

I smile softly at him. "Thank you. I...I do not really remember when someone actually wanted to make me feel better." I say quietly. He looks at me sadly. I shake my head. "It's okay now. I am here with all of you." I say with a happy volume. He smiles. He stands and helps me up as well. I hold pup-pup against myself.

Edward turns to me playfully. "How about a race?" He asks smugly. I smile. You're on. I think. He grins. "Ready. Set. Go!" He says as he speeds off. I come up behind him quickly. He makes it back first, but I'm right on his tail. "Your faster than you look, little one." He says with a smirk. I laugh at the nickname. Real classic. I think.

"Greere, are you alright?" I hear Alice's voice. I turn to see her speeding toward me. She wraps her arms around me. "I'm okay." I say quietly. "Obviously not!" She says as she pulls away. I look down to pup-pup. "I'm okay. Really, Alice. Swear." I say meeting her gaze. I smile at her softly, trying to get her to believe me.