VIII

That day I saw that girl...Bella, was a week ago.

I haven't seen her since. I'm starting school tomorrow. I'm kind of excited. I've started drinking animal blood now. They do not make me hunt, which I'm glad about. I do not like killing anything. I sit on my chair with a new book I recently got. It's about World War II, all the Nazi's and Jews to be specific.

It's hard to think anyone can do such terrible things. I would've been burned at the stake for what I am now, so would the Cullens and that couple I met at the hospital. A knock brings me out of my thoughts. I turn to the door. "Oh, hi Jasper." I say quietly. He smiles. His smiles haven't been as awkward as they were. He's even talking to me now.

"Hey. Was wondering if you could come to the store with me?" He asks. "Okay." I reply. I stand and throw my shoes on, grab pup-pup and follow behind Jasper as he leads me downstairs. Roselle has gotten friendlier, not much friendlier, but a little more. Her and Emmett went away for a while, something about an anniversary.

Edward stopped seeing Bella. I'm glad I don't have to see her anymore, but I feel bad I ruined their relationship. "Don't." A voice says. I turn to see Edward. I pout. "Still." I mumble. Jasper places a hand on my head. "Nothing to feel sad or sorry about." He states. "Exactly. Anyway, where you two headed?" He asks. "Store." Jasper says.

Edward nods in understanding. "I'll come. Need soap." He says. He walks past us and gets into the car. Jasper and I follow and get in as well. We drive down the road for a while before coming to a stop in front of the store. I get out first, and the other two follow. We walk into the store. A weird feeling being around people again. Never thought I'd say that.

We walk around awhile, Jasper grabbing food that we won't eat. Edward grabs the soap he so desperately needed. I'm left by myself for awhile, waiting for them to come back. I wander through the store, up and down the aisles, Pup-pup in hand. I bump into something sturdy. I look up a little see a boy. He's older than me but not as old as Edward looks.

He has brown hair, a military haircut, dark brown eyes, tan skin, and wears a leather jacket on top of a plain white t-shirt and jeans. "Hey doll. You okay?" He asks with a grin. "Yeah. I'm okay." I reply. "I've never seen you around here before. Are you new in town?" He asks. "Yes. I am. I am living with my new family." I say. He raises an eyebrow. "New family? Like foster home?" He asks.

I nod. "That's cool." He says. He looks down at Pup-pup. "Is that yours?" He asks with a smirk. I nod and bring him up to my chest. "It's cute. Like you." He says. I giggle at the remark. Not really the brightest. There's a chuckle from behind me. "No he isn't." Edward says. He walks up to us and holds his hand out to the boy. "Nice to see ya, Johnny. Been awhile." He says. "So she's with the Cullen's. That explains it." Johnny says with another grin.