II

I wake up with a start.

I sit up and am met with a pale doctor. Much like the man from the alleyway. "It's alright, kid. I know what happened." He says. "There are a few people on their way here to get you. Do not worry." He says.

I narrow my eyes at him. I then realize I do not have my bag. I look around. "Where is my bag?" I ask in a low voice. "It is being held in evidence. But I will have it for you before you leave." He says. "May I know your name?" He asks.

"Greere Soyer." I say. "Nice to meet you. I am Dr. Galan Rayes. You are currently in Jacksonville Hospital." He says. I look down, causing my auburn hair to slide in front of my brown eyes. "Is there anyone that need to know you are here?" He asks.

"No one that would care." I reply. He doesn't say anything for a few minutes before I hear someone's footsteps. I look up to see a police officer that has the same pale skin and eyes as the doctor. The difference lies in their hair colors, the officers being jet black and the doctors being ginger.

"Hey there. Glad you're doing okay." He says. I stay silent, him seeming to expect me to reply. After he realizes I won't, he continues. "I am Knox Rayes. Galan's husband. Anyway, I've brought something that may belong to you." He says. I look to the slightly dirty yellow bag with a few patches labeled with titles of different places and singers.

He hands it to me and I almost snatch it out of his hold. I open it and pull everything out, checking that everything's still there. I put everything except pup-pup, my stuffed dog, back into it and zip it shut. I press pup-pup to my chest and look to Mr. Knox. "Thank you." I say.

He smiles. "Not a problem at all. Do you have a name?" He asks. "Greere." I say. "Very nice to meet you. I'm sure Galan has already told you, but a couple will be coming to pick you up. You will stay with them until you are of...legal age and you choose to stay with them or go somewhere else." He explains.

I narrow mt eyes at him. Why the pause? He notices the look but ignores it. "Everything will be explained later by the couple you'll be staying with." He then says. "For now, Knox and I will stay with you until they arrive." Dr. Galan says. I look down and press my face into pup-pup for comfort. 

I've always done this. Pup-pup is the only one I have. The only one I've ever had.