Let's Get Married?

4 sets of eyes were on Man and Ben as the two families gathered together for lunch.

'As we all know...the one month trial period just ended...' Jom said staring at his son, Ben. 'So, is there anything you two want to tell us?'

'Is there gonna be a wedding in the picture?' Lyda asked.

Man and Ben looked at each other.

'No.' They said in unison.

'What? I thought everything going well with you two...' Marie said. 'Man...'

The parents got into state of confusion when suddenly Ben and Man burst out laughing.

'Told you they would react like that...' Man said, still laughin.

'Man Trisanu Soranun/ Ben Bunyapol Likhitamnuayporn!' The fathers called out their sons name at the same time.

'Sorry dad...we're just kidding...' Ben held Man's hand. 'The marriage is on...'

'But there's a few conditions...' Man added. 'Nothing too fancy, we'll keep it private, just close families and friends...'

After lunch...

'Phi, can I ask you something?' Ben said when they're on the way back home from lunch.

'What is it?'

'Did we do the right thing? I mean getting married...we've only known each other for a short period of time...I don't want you to regret this...'

Man glanced over at Ben, grabbed his hands and kissed the knuckles gently.

'I could ask you the same thing...you're still young, getting stuck to an old guy like me might not be the best decision...'

'Did you just admit that you're old?' Ben chuckled.

'Hey, I was being honest...'

Ben took Man's hand and brought it to his cheek. 'Age was no longer an issue when it comes to you...'

'And to answer your question...this is the right thing to do...we'll make it work ok baby?'

Ben nodded.

'So, most important question...am I moving in with you or you're moving in with me?' Man asked.

'Can we find a new place instead? It's not that I don't like our home but I rather we both move in to a new environment...'

'Sounds good to me...I'll ask Kao if he can set us up with his real estate agent...'

'Really?'

'Yea...I guess we better start packing then...'

*********************

Two weeks later...

'This is the last box...' Man put a large brown box next to the others that scattered around his and Ben's new shared apartment.

Apparently their parents already bought their newlywed house and since they were actually looking for a new place, it does came at the perfect time.

'I think I know why our parents bought this apartment...' Ben said.

'Why?'

'It's only 25 minutes away from their house...I still can't believe your parents move next door to mine...'

'Me neither...and my mother called just now, we're meeting the wedding planner tomorrow...' Man sat next to Ben and helped him unboxing the stuff.

'This is really happening huh? Us moving in together...getting married...' Ben said nervously. It's the biggest step in his 25 years of life.

'It still felt surreal if you ask me...but I'm ready...' Man held Ben's hand. 'Ready for us to be together...'

'Yeah...me too...'

They were unpacking the boxes when the doorbell chime.

'Hold up...are we expecting anyone?' Man looked at Ben.

'Not that I know about...let me go and take a look...'

Ben went to the front door and saw his and Man's parents throught the security camera.

'Phi, heads up...the parents are here!'

'Yours or mine?'

'Both!'

'Oh god...'