💔Aftermath💕

4 hadn't even touched his hot chocolate while 3 was guzzling his black coffee. 4 didn't have anywhere to go after the events that day, so 3 insisted on taking him to the Internet Graveyard to have a drink at the Starbucks there.

"You haven't touched your drink." 3 finally spoke up. "Did you want something else?" His tone was soft and comforting, something strange to see coming from 3.

"No." 4 said quietly, not taking his eyes off of his brown Converse.

3 inhaled and sighed deeply. He reached across the table and grabbed 4s hand. 4 looked up and stared into 3s beautiful ruby eyes. "You can't blame yourself."

Yes, I can. 4 thought to himself. It was his fault the castle was gone. He promised to make it up to them, but he knew that he couldn't deep down. Not on his own, at least.

"What happened today was traumatic for you and everyone. You weren't yourself, 4. You didn't mean for anything bad to happen." 3 rubbed his thumb across 4s hand, still holding it.

3 was right, 4 would admit. But dang, it hurt. It hurt so bad to know that he caused an inconvenience to everyone. 4 nodded and shifted his gaze to their hands and tears fell from his eyes.

"4…" 3 reached across with his other hand and wiped the tears from 4s cheeks. "It's not all your fault, dude. Part of it's my fault-"

"No, no. Please… please… don't blame yourself for any of this. It's my fault." 4 whispered, squeezing 3s hand. "Let me fix it."

"How are you going to fix this on your own?" 3 asked,  using his hand to lift 4s chin to look him in the eyes. "You need me-... us. We're going to help you get through this."

"But what if they're all mad at me? What if they don't forgive me?" 4 asked, more tears flowing from his eyes. 

"Nobody is mad at you, idiot. They're only upset over the situation-"

"The situation I caused-"

"DUDE." 3 spoke sternly, but not angrily. "You've gotta stop… I hate seeing you like this. I know you're upset and I know you think this is your fault, but it's not. No matter what you think. Okay?" His voice got softer as he went on.

4 could only nod.

"Cool. Now, let's get us a place to sleep." 3 stood from the table and 4 followed. They grabbed each other's hands (for protection, so they could quickly channel Meme Energy if they needed to) and walked out the door, making a ting! noise.

They started down the street,  holding each other's hands loosely. They stayed mostly quiet and kept a fast pace, trying not to stay out at night too long. 3 led the way to a nearby hotel (that he owned) with a slightly faster step than 4. 3 was taller and therefore had longer legs, but 4 still didn't understand how he was taller. They both should be the same height as Mario. Just because they don't look like him anymore doesn't mean that EVERYTHING relating to Mario has disappeared.

Ever since 3 had joined the ‘good side’, he had been so much kinder. Sure, he was still snarky and had the occasional rude comeback, but he was still very caring, whether he wanted to admit it or not. 4 was very grateful for 3. 4 found it strange how only three years ago, 3 was doing anything in his power to kill him. 4 guessed that when 0 came around and devastated him and his crew, 3 realized he didn't really want to be that. He didn't want to be a killing, world-ruining entity. He just wanted to be a minor inconvenience to everyone, and oh boy, he was successful.

They soon reached the hotel, people greeting 3 left and right. 4 was always so confused about how 3 got so many people to obey him and even enjoy him.  Well, he was the ruler of that place. They walked through the doors of the hotel and 3 relaxed his hand from 4s, but 4 held on tight. 3 shot him a quick glance to see 4s face, and realized it was for the best to keep holding his hand. 4 was still full of anxiety and was looking for comfort.