Chapter 24: Some rare memories

Bhagi was standing on the outskirts of Magadh. She had kept Chalukya ji as a proxy for the time being. It was time for her to face Hastinapur. Bhagi was aware from now onwards her true journey is beginning. She took a deep breath and glanced back towards her kingdom once and started moving forward. She removed her necklace and transformed her necklace into her bike.

As bhagi was travelling towards Hastinapur, she began remembering some very rare but beautiful moments she had spent there.

Flashback...

A woman could be seen weeping sitting behind a shiv temple. Her face was not visible as it was covered by a veil. She had a small child in her arms. But anybody could see she was weeping bitterly. The woman was not some ordinary women, no. She was the one who had lost her freedom, the one who unknowingly became the reason for her family's death. People tend to fear their greatest fears but she, she was living her greatest fear every day. But still she persisted and fulfilled all her duties despite being married forcefully, she fulfilled her duties.

She did Tapasya and gained the boon of 100 children but when even after 2 years she was not able to give birth instead of supporting her, her husband chose to sleep with her best friend. She in immense grief had struck her belly due to which she gave birth to a mass of flesh. Her husband and family members criticized her, blamed her but thankfully Ved Vyas had come and helped her out. Since her marriage she had tolerated all the hardships, all the hate, all the taunts but today, today her patience was over; today Gandhar Putri was finally broken.

Yesterday after so many hardships, so many prayers her firstborn took his first breath. It was only seconds she had felt the joy of motherhood. Only mere seconds before people declared him a bad omen and ordered that he should be killed. And for what? Because there was bad whether? It seemed that people had forgotten that second Pandava also took birth at that moment and when she courageously bought that forward, she was silenced by saying they were Dev Putra's. SO, WHAT! HER PUTRA WAS BOON OF MAHADEVA., and then for the first time she stood Infront of the elders, not as Gandhar Putri or Hastinapur's Maharani but as a mother, as a shield for her child. She was being called as a mother of bad omen. How can they declare a newborn who hasn't even opened his eyes properly a bad omen?

And today she was facing the truth. She knew it doesn't matter how hard she tries the people will always see her children as bad omens.

What sin has she done that she was suffering so much. Today she wanted answers from her aradhya. Today here her every tear is demanding justice from her Mahadeva.

Just as she was cursing her fate, she suddenly felt someone wipe her eyes. Being so lost in her suffering she failed to notice the oncoming presence. But She didn't feel threatened. NO, no.. The touch was so pure, so gentle that for a moment, for the first time in Hastinapur she felt peace. She quickly turned her head in the direction she thought the touch came from.

"Please don't cry. Is there something that's hurting, please tell me. I'll solve it. Promise", said the voice.

Gandhari could clearly hear concern in the voice. She could recognize the innocence in the voice of the girl. She quickly wiped her cheeks and smiled. "No Putri there's nothing. see I'm not crying. Tell me your name Putri".

"My name is Bhagirathi but people who love me call me bhagi," said the girl as she came and stood Infront of the lady and asked, "and my mother always tells me that we should not tell lies. So please tell me what is making you cry? Are your eyes hurting? Let me see".

As bhagi finished she reached for the blindfold on the woman's eyes. She could see a red cloth was tied to the woman's eyes. It was wet so in her innocence she had assumed that the woman was hurting there.