New Boyfriend (Margot Robbie)

Summary: Y/n is hopelessly in love with her best friend Margot. That's a fact. So when Margot introduces her new boyfriend Y/n starts to pull back, leaving both girls hurt and confused.

Y/n POV:

I roll out of bed and pull on a hoodie before taking my phone off of my nightstand and checking my notifications. I have a couple of different messages but most of them are from Snapchat. I ignore them and walk to my kitchen trying to decide what I want for breakfast. I open my fridge up and look around for a bit before deciding to make coffee first. I grab the kettle and fill it with water, putting it back down and flicking the 'on' switch. I sit down on the couch and decide to go through some of my notifications.

There are a few casual messages but my eyes land on a recommended news article.

'Margot Robbie seen with new boyfriend on coffee date?'

I swallow and click on the article. There's a picture of Margot and then a picture that was taken by the paparazzi of her holding hands with some dude, coffee in her other hand.

"What the fuck?" I wonder aloud, exiting out of the app and heading to my messages.

Marg<3

Marg<3: Hey, I assume you saw the article and I wanted to tell you in person but I've been so busy. I'm dating someone new, he's really nice and I think you'll like him. I'd love for you to meet him.

I stare down at my phone, blinking back the tears that threaten to fall onto my cheeks. I try to move my thumbs to respond to her text but I find myself unable to formulate an answer so I click my phone off, feeling slightly nauseous. I hear my kettle click off, notifying me that the water has boiled. I look up at it and then look over at my phone on the table. I stand up and walk over to my mini-kitchen. I grab my coffee grinder and put in three scoops of caffeinated beans, a variation of my usual half and half.

I'll need the caffeine today.

Shaking away my thoughts I grab the bodum and place the grounds in, pouring the water right after and setting the timer for five minutes. I sit back down in my chair and take a deep breath.

This was not how I envisioned my morning going.

I let out a small chuckle, I let myself believe she was into me. Me. I shake my head at my stupidity and grab my phone.

Marg<3

Marg<3: Hey, I assume you saw the article and I wanted to tell you in person but I've been so busy. I'm dating someone new, he's really nice and I think you'll like him. I'd love for you to meet him.

I look over her contact name and click on edit.

Marg<3

I sigh.

Margot

Better. I go back to our texts and reply.

Me: Sorry, I'm really busy right now. Glad you're happy.

I know it comes across as basic but it's technically the truth. I couldn't say I was happy for her because I'm not, I wish I could have her but I'm glad she's happy. I just wish it could be me making her happy.

The timer beeping shakes me from my thoughts and I look over it. I walk over and turn it off, slowly plunging my coffee. I grab myself a mug and pour. I place my mug down and walk towards the fridge, opening it and grabbing the cream. I splash some into my cup and grab a spoon from my drawer. I mix it in and bring it up to my lips, taking a sip. Nothing like a cup of coffee on a shitty day.