Chapter two

🔪🔪🔪
"Madi!" Nick cheers, welcoming the girl into the house.

Madi drags her suitcase inside as everyone else follows behind her.

The news had said about an emergency, and forced people to lock themselves inside their homes. The friends decided to hide-out together in the triplets' L.A home.

Matt had helped Madi take her stuff up the stairs and Larray and Nailea entered the house.

"Hey! I'll help with this." Chris says, taking Larray and Nailea's suitcases.

Nick watches his brothers help their guests as another knock was heard on the door. He opened the door and smiled as Mario ran his fingers through his wet blond hair.

"Sorry, I forgot to warn you about the rain." Nick laughed, stepping aside to let him in.

"Oh, I should've checked the weather. It was my bad, really." Mario shrugs.

Nick watched him go up the stairs to the others. Eventually, he hears the door knob turn and backs out of the way, letting Nathan let himself in.

Nathan shuts the door behind him, smiling at his friend.

"A raincoat? That's a little dramatic." Nick rolls his eyes.

"Oh, says the king of drama." Nathan breathes, clearly out of breath. He pulls Nick in for a hug.

Nick cringes before hugging his friend back awkwardly. He pulls away after a few seconds and points to the stairs to let Nathan know he's welcome.

Nathan grabs his suitcase and runs upstairs with it. Ready for the fun night ahead of him.

Well, maybe not-so-fun night.

Nick locks the door, making sure it's completely unable to be opened before he goes up the stairs too.

All of his friends are seated on the couch, conversing with his brothers. He smiles as he goes to the kitchen and begins to pop the popcorn Chris set on the counter.

"I'll go make sure the windows are locked for good measure." Chris says, standing off the couch.

No one questions it when Chris goes down the hall and is heard going down the stairs.

The friends continue to talk until a phone is heard ringing.

"Nai, answer it." Larray sighs, looking at his friend.

"Girl, it's an unknown number. I'm not answering that shit." She rolls her eyes.

"I'll do it." Larray sits up, snatching the phone from her.

After a few seconds, he throws it back at her, shaking his head.

"Never mind, I'm too scared. Answer the fucking phone." He says, voice high-pitched.

Nailea hesitantly answers the call, getting up and walking into Matt's bathroom for privacy.

After a few minutes, she runs out in annoyance. "Fucking spam call, bro." She says, sitting on the couch.

"Damn, how unfortunate." Larray sighs, leaning back into the couch.

"I for sure thought it was going to be a killer or something." Nathan laughs.

Chris comes back up the stairs moments later, phone in hand.

"Hey, all the windows are locked. I also shut the blinds. We'll be good." He says, sitting down beside Matt.

Nick comes in with four bowls of popcorn and sets it on the coffee table. "Good."

"What movie should we watch?" Matt asks, scrolling through streaming apps.